Charlottesville terrorist sentenced to life

Page 8 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 3:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
He didn't think it was a problem and was perplexed as to why people cared about millions of what he saw as savages dying. You can try as much as you like to do mental gymnastics to avoid reality, he was a white supremacist and a crazy drunken mass killer who wanted to pour chemical weapons on German civilians. He firebombed them as it is.

I don't dispute his (Churchill's) decision was cruel and was partly influenced by his view that Indians were expendable in warfare but he never published a manifesto calling for the extermination of entire races of people.

Cruel? He didn't pull a cat's tail, he killed millions of people. Your principles are all over the place.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 3:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Our resident historian fails again

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... mine-study

Stalin became the enemy in 1946 so that's more garbage. Unreal that had to be explained.

(Sigh) No, sh*t Stalin became an enemy in 1946... a year after the war ended. But previous to that, he was America's most important ally. Even more important than Britain, as the war was won against Hitler on the eastern front more so than anywhere else.

Mao Tse Tung's famous quote "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" was actually widely practiced across all the colonial powers. John knows that the Americans/allies strategically made alliances with Stalin and even the Nazi's drew up a contract with Stalin (Motolov-Ribbentrop pact)

The Americans allied themselves with mass murderer Pol Pot for a while because it suited them in their war with Vietnam at the time.

John makes this sound like only one party is evil...

What's your point Exactly? How is that relevant to mine? I said no one defends Stalin because he was our enemy a year after the war. Both of you two make excuses when our/your side carries out horrors but get hysterical beyond words when the shoe is on the other foot.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 9:29 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Our resident historian fails again

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... mine-study

Stalin became the enemy in 1946 so that's more garbage. Unreal that had to be explained.

(Sigh) No, sh*t Stalin became an enemy in 1946... a year after the war ended. But previous to that, he was America's most important ally. Even more important than Britain, as the war was won against Hitler on the eastern front more so than anywhere else.

Mao Tse Tung's famous quote "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" was actually widely practiced across all the colonial powers. John knows that the Americans/allies strategically made alliances with Stalin and even the Nazi's drew up a contract with Stalin (Motolov-Ribbentrop pact)

The Americans allied themselves with mass murderer Pol Pot for a while because it suited them in their war with Vietnam at the time.

John makes this sound like only one party is evil...

What's your point Exactly? How is that relevant to mine? I said no one defends Stalin because he was our enemy a year after the war. Both of you two make excuses when our/your side carries out horrors but get hysterical beyond words when the shoe is on the other foot.

That has been my observation as well multiple times. Which I have pointed out by saying things like double standards and wanting to have their cake and eat it too (ie have it both ways).

One historical figure owned slaves; he is a monster.

Another owned slaves; oh well he was just a product of his times gloss gloss gloss.

That same scenario is used regarding racist speech, human rights violations, even genocide.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 4:05 am

I personally have no problem with George Washington but Africans Americans do have problems with him owning slaves in Virginia.

Unfortunately I can't stomach Thomas Jefferson impregnating a 13 yr old child. This is a most unpalatable act for a statesman.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 6:50 pm

Based on a new sentencing issued today, Charlottesville terrorist James Alex Fields was sentenced to life plus 419 years in prison for the state charges connected to his actions at the 2017/08/12 rally, which included intentionally ramming his car into a crowd of participants and murdering Heather Heyer.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 6:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I personally have no problem with George Washington but Africans Americans do have problems with him owning slaves in Virginia.

Unfortunately I can't stomach Thomas Jefferson impregnating a 13 yr old child. This is a most unpalatable act for a statesman.

I agree, that's pretty f****d up.

I really feel sorry for African women who were kept as slaves. Imagine being raped by your master and having your babies produced by him sold as property? :(

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 3:11 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I really feel sorry for African women who were kept as slaves. Imagine being raped by your master and having your babies produced by him sold as property? :(

The average African-American genome, for example, is 73.2% African, 24% European, and 0.8% Native American, in some Slave states like Louisiana the percentage is higher. The quarter European ancestry in most black Americans is not a product of "happy families"....if you do the math that's a lot of rape...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 6:35 am

cyberdad wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The average African-American genome, for example, is 73.2% African, 24% European, and 0.8% Native American, in some Slave states like Louisiana the percentage is higher. The quarter European ancestry in most black Americans is not a product of "happy families"....if you do the math that's a lot of rape...

I believe it was James Baldwin who had talked about what he called "the secret shame," in which male black slaves had also been sexually preyed on by their white masters.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 2:27 am

I think Baldwin is touching on a topic that has barely been covered before. It must be uncomfortable when you lift the rug of American history how much uncomfortable truth has been swept under the carpet.

My grandfather was alive when this event took place in the US.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_1918_lynchings
Quite disgraceful, particularly the lynching of Mary Turner which ironically became the basis for the lyrics of a hit song by Billie Halliday called "strange fruit". I'm guessing most white Americans who bought the hit single wouldn't know what the fruit she was referring to.