Charlottesville terrorist sentenced to life

Page 7 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 3:49 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Still trying to divert thread topics away from the truth, I see -- EzraS and JohnPowell will post anything to keep people from dwelling on the truth, which is that James Alex Fields Jr. deliberately rammed his car into a crowd of people and murdered Heather Heyer. For this and other hate crimes, he received a well-deserved life sentence. He even pled guilty to 29 of 30 federal charges in exchange for the prosecutors not seeking the death penalty. James Alex Fields Jr. is a murderer, a coward, and a typical white supremacist.

The video i posted in the other thread debunks this. Of course he plead guilty when stitched up with the death penalty. It should have been manslaughter.

So you're all for going easy on Fields?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Churchill was also a man of his time, I gather his views reflected that of mainstream British society

You seem quite willing to give politicians you favor a pass when it comes to hate speech.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:29 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Churchill was also a man of his time, I gather his views reflected that of mainstream British society

You seem quite willing to give politicians you favor a pass when it comes to hate speech.

If you look back he said exactly what I said liberals say. It's a script.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 7:50 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The difference between Churchill and Hitler is that Churchill's views on "colonial subjects" was simply a reflection of the wider British social view of the colonies. In contrast Hitlers views on race were an extreme distortion of what was an enlightened and progressive society in Germany in the 1920s and early 1930s who were more advanced than Great Britain in that time period.

Last edited by cyberdad on 06 Jul 2019, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 7:52 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

If you look back he said exactly what I said liberals say. It's a script.

It certainly seems that way.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 7:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The difference between Churchill and Hitler is that Churchill's views on "colonial subjects" was simply a reflection of the wider British social view of the colonies. In contrast Hitlers views on race were an extreme distortion of what was an enlightened and progressive society in Germany in the 1920s and early 1930s who were more advanced than Great Britain in that time period.

There is a great deal of middle ground before reaching Hitler and Nazis you know.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 7:58 pm

Yes but there's a lot of "shape shifting" for those apparently in the grey area

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 10:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

No. The difference is Churchill was on our side so excuses are made.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 12:17 am

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

No. The difference is Churchill was on our side so excuses are made.

Stalin was also on our side, but nobody defends him. The fact remains, unlike Hitler and Stalin, Churchill never murdered millions of innocent non-combatants.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 4:02 am

Our resident historian fails again

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... mine-study

Stalin became the enemy in 1946 so that's more garbage. Unreal that had to be explained.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 7:03 am

I've posted in detail on the Bengal famine a couple of years ago. Churchill's decision to divert resources toward the war effort against Japan did not take into account of the looming famine. While he was warned continually drawing on food reserves would be a problem if there was drought. When it happened his decision to continue depleting reserves for the war effort was to prevent the Japanese from invading eastern India. Had India been invaded the death toll from the Japanese imperial army would probably have been worse.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 7:53 am

He didn't think it was a problem and was perplexed as to why people cared about millions of what he saw as savages dying. You can try as much as you like to do mental gymnastics to avoid reality, he was a white supremacist and a crazy drunken mass killer who wanted to pour chemical weapons on German civilians. He firebombed them as it is.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 2:25 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Stalin became the enemy in 1946 so that's more garbage. Unreal that had to be explained.

(Sigh) No, sh*t Stalin became an enemy in 1946... a year after the war ended. But previous to that, he was America's most important ally. Even more important than Britain, as the war was won against Hitler on the eastern front more so than anywhere else.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 6:42 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
He didn't think it was a problem and was perplexed as to why people cared about millions of what he saw as savages dying. You can try as much as you like to do mental gymnastics to avoid reality, he was a white supremacist and a crazy drunken mass killer who wanted to pour chemical weapons on German civilians. He firebombed them as it is.

I don't dispute his (Churchill's) decision was cruel and was partly influenced by his view that Indians were expendable in warfare but he never published a manifesto calling for the extermination of entire races of people.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 6:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

(Sigh) No, sh*t Stalin became an enemy in 1946... a year after the war ended. But previous to that, he was America's most important ally. Even more important than Britain, as the war was won against Hitler on the eastern front more so than anywhere else.

Mao Tse Tung's famous quote "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" was actually widely practiced across all the colonial powers. John knows that the Americans/allies strategically made alliances with Stalin and even the Nazi's drew up a contract with Stalin (Motolov-Ribbentrop pact)

The Americans allied themselves with mass murderer Pol Pot for a while because it suited them in their war with Vietnam at the time.

John makes this sound like only one party is evil...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 7:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Mao Tse Tung's famous quote "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" was actually widely practiced across all the colonial powers. John knows that the Americans/allies strategically made alliances with Stalin and even the Nazi's drew up a contract with Stalin (Motolov-Ribbentrop pact)

The Americans allied themselves with mass murderer Pol Pot for a while because it suited them in their war with Vietnam at the time.

John makes this sound like only one party is evil...

Indeed, and well said.