Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 11:35 pm

Lest we forget...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 1:58 am

Seems only a matter of time until an anifa anarchist goes too far and ends up killing someone.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 3:34 am

EzraS wrote:
Seems only a matter of time until an anifa anarchist goes too far and ends up killing someone.

You mean like this guy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWrl6rPf-i8

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 3:39 am

Of course I mean like that guy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 3:59 am

I think Antifa know extreme violence is bad publicity...doubt it will happen

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 4:09 am

Does beating someone with a crowbar not qualify as "extreme"?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 4:23 am

Admittedly it doesn't look good, but this doesn't represent the majority of the left...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 4:23 am

cyberdad wrote:

An individual within the ranks is capable of doing most anything.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 4:29 am

cyberdad wrote:

I am sure the people behind the “unite the right” rally while looking for violence did not want Heather Heyer killed for publicity reasons either. When you incite people and allow some violence it is inventible somebody will go too far like the leftest who shop up the republican baseball practice.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 4:31 am

cyberdad wrote:
Admittedly it doesn't look good, but this doesn't represent the majority of the left...

Likewise the Charlottesville killer doesn't doesn't represent the majority of the right.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 4:50 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I am sure the people behind the “unite the right” rally while looking for violence did not want Heather Heyer killed for publicity reasons either. When you incite people and allow some violence it is inventible somebody will go too far like the leftest who shop up the republican baseball practice.

I am not aware of Antifa posting messages calling for killing, but a quick tour of any far right wing website and the word's race war, arms, guns and blood on the street seems to be quite popular. If these are the thoughts of the far right then we won't have long to wait for the next Dylan Roof, Anders Brevik, Brendon Tarrant or Timothy McVeigh to rear their ugly heads.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 4:54 am

Likewise the left's propensity for making death threats is foreboding.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 5:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I am not aware of Antifa posting messages calling for killing, but a quick tour of any far right wing website and the word's race war, arms, guns and blood on the street seems to be quite popular. If these are the thoughts of the far right then we won't have long to wait for the next Dylan Roof, Anders Brevik, Brendon Tarrant or Timothy McVeigh to rear their ugly heads.

When you call something an existential threat there will be people willing to stop said threat by any means necessary. Extreme left sites call Republicans Nazis, left celebrities talked openly of wishing harm to the smirking MAGA teen, some “progressives” how the world would be better if old people and their non woke ideas were gone etc, etc.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 5:20 am

If I was Andy Ngo I would look into suing the city of Portland. The city seems unwilling to protect peoples first amendment rights. They seem unwilling to prevent people from being assaulted if they publicly advocate for the wrong political beliefs.

Oberlin and Portland are two different cases but maybe the solution is the same.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 5:55 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If I was Andy Ngo I would look into suing the city of Portland. The city seems unwilling to protect peoples first amendment rights. They seem unwilling to prevent people from being assaulted if they publicly advocate for the wrong political beliefs.

Oberlin and Portland are two different cases but maybe the solution is the same.

...I've seen arguments that some of the Portland police have been rather find of/overlooking right-wing violent groups. Both hypotheses - that some cops have sided Proud Boys/etc. tight wing types and that some others didn't want to try very hard to stop the Antifas from attacking Ng - are, I believe, possible :( :evil: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 6:22 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

If the Huffington post is correct then the City of Portland would also be sued by the Antifa protestors as well for police brutality.