Nike pulls sneakers with ‘Betsy Ross’ American flag

Page 1 of 15 [ 231 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 1:55 am

Nike pulls Independence Day themed sneakers with ‘Betsy Ross’ flag after Colin Kaepernick complains about selling apparel he says features a slave-era emblem. All this hating of America.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nike-recalls-s ... 45358.html

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 2:01 am

I'll take a knee with Kaepernick...ditch the shoes Nike

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 2:05 am

cyberdad wrote:

I'll take the knee with Nike . . . ditch Kaepernick.

FTFY

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 2:19 am

Shrapnel wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I'll take the knee with Nike . . . ditch Kaepernick.

FTFY

Well you'll be taking a knee for Nike pulling the racist shoes...it's like K-mart giving away a free tikki torch with every white sheet sold

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 2:59 am

The Betsy Ross flag has never been a symbol of white supremacy and nationalism. This is just the latest liberal PC nonsense. Does this disrespect toward a successful female flag maker signal a misogynist agenda by both Nike & Kaepernick? Do the males who run Nike and Kaepernick feel threatened by a successful female like Betsy Ross and therefore they are lashing out against a woman who cannot defend herself?

Nike HQ is in Oregon, which probably explains their anti-Americanism. Seems to be in vogue there.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 3:17 am

There's a reason Kaepernick has a problem with this flag.

In 2016, the superintendent of a school district in Michigan apologized after students at a predominantly white high school waved the Betsy Ross flag during a football game. The superintendent said at the time that the banner is a symbol of white supremacy for some.

What Kaepernick was saying was acknowledged back in 2016, he was perfectly entitled to point this out to Nike who did the right thing.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 4:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
There's a reason Kaepernick has a problem with this flag.

In 2016, the superintendent of a school district in Michigan apologized after students at a predominantly white high school waved the Betsy Ross flag during a football game. The superintendent said at the time that the banner is a symbol of white supremacy for some.

What Kaepernick was saying was acknowledged back in 2016, he was perfectly entitled to point this out to Nike who did the right thing.

Kaepernick is entitled to his opinion and Nike can put out whatever product it wants to but that does not mean they are right.

So yet AGAIN because SOME people misused a symbol or a word we need to completely erase said symbol or word. The Betsy Ross Flag is not the Nazi flag which was used for evil from the get go. Should we ban crosses because the KKK misused them for white supremacist terrorism? How about banning the word autistic because it is used as an insult? The bullies have won yet AGAIN. Both the SJW bullies who got one of the most famous companies who did not pull the product to do the right thing but out of fear, and the Patriot movement who with Nike and Kapernick’s help have now hijacked the symbol and increasingly the concept of Patriotism. The bullies win and we lose due to a self inflicted wound AGAIN.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 7:18 am

It's amazing people don't see what's behind this. Get people in a state of mind where someone decides something displays racism or bigotry or is [fill in the blank]phobic or hate speech et al etc etc and ban it, tear it down, burn it and the response is f**k YEAH! They are pretty much literally welcoming a facist dystopian brave new world. One of the first steps in the process was conning these sheepeople into thinking they're the intellectuals of society.

Last edited by EzraS on 02 Jul 2019, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 7:28 am

Won't be buying Nike products again. Caepernick makes me ashamed to be a niners fan. How can people hate their own country, or claim to as a publicity stunt?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 7:42 am

It's really comes as no surprise this transitioned from the Confederate flag to the American flag.

The folks saying whats next? are appearntly spot on. The ones saying it's not going to snowball are appearntly dead wrong, but still think it's the right direction to keep going in. Like lemmings.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 7:50 am

That’s our Revolutionary Flag.

This is PC nonsense.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 7:57 am

PC really stands for Panoramic Control.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 8:03 am

This country wasn’t founded on racist principles....though many people happened to have been racists.

Some of the Founding Fathers—Thomas Jefferson comes to mind—had contradictory views on slavery. They deplored it in the abstract, but were economically dependent on it.

The Betsy Ross flag is a salient symbol of our national pride.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 8:08 am

That kind of logic doesn't seem to register with the sheepeople. If it's deemed racist, bigoted, _____phobic, hateful etc then that makes it so in their brainwashed minds.

This is the possible future I'll get to live in yay.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 8:38 am

Most people aren't really like that. Most people have perspective. They just go about their business. They raise families. They get into local politics.

They realize we are a flawed country, but a strong country, nevertheless.

Even the people who profess this "PC" stuff now will probably think it's nonsense once they start living in the world away from Academia.

I'm not a "flag-waving" type. I don't even own an American flag. I didn't get too upset when Kaepernick did his kneeing thing. But I just don't find denigrating the Betsy Ross flag to be the proper thing to do.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 8:42 am

And yet stuff is being eliminated, banned, torn down and burned. The Revolutionary American flag is like the last straw, but also probably the tip of the iceberg.