Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 4:46 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The counter protesters were NOT communists!

Only in certain circles you still hear this type of language which was typical of the early 1950s during the Macarthy era when American citizens actively reported anybody who spoke about civil/social rights or equal wages as a "commie" to the police or government. Plenty of American academics and even actors/celebrities were thrown in jail for spurious reasons.

Ironically the Macarthy era in the US is almost a mirror image of what the communist and Nazi regimes also practiced with it's own citizenry encouraging common folk to report on anyone including their own family to the authorities.

John seems to invoke the very principles he claims to oppose by labelling young articulate social college educated anti-Nazi protesters as "communists"...quite laughable

Lol, hilarious considering you two have been pushing the Russiagate hoax for 3 years. They are Communist thugs. They were armed with bats and think it's ok to batter people with baseball bats cause they don't like their political views.

No, they were conscientious citizens who strongly opposed racism, and understood the necessity to speak out against it. If that alone makes a communist, then I proudly am one.

Do you approve of the violent tactics ANTIFA utilizes? Do you approve of threatening people, blocking traffic? I don't believe for one minute that the majority of people support this. But they're too afraid to be called a "racist," or a "fascist," or "alt right" if they speak against it.

No, I don't approve of that. But do you condemn the hate preached by Alt Right white supremacists, and the violence and even murder they've committed? I'm talking about everything from shooting up synagogues and Mosques to dragging deaths of African Americans which have spiked with the current political climate.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 4:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Only in certain circles you still hear this type of language which was typical of the early 1950s during the Macarthy era when American citizens actively reported anybody who spoke about civil/social rights or equal wages as a "commie" to the police or government. Plenty of American academics and even actors/celebrities were thrown in jail for spurious reasons.

Ironically the Macarthy era in the US is almost a mirror image of what the communist and Nazi regimes also practiced with it's own citizenry encouraging common folk to report on anyone including their own family to the authorities.

John seems to invoke the very principles he claims to oppose by labelling young articulate social college educated anti-Nazi protesters as "communists"...quite laughable

Lol, hilarious considering you two have been pushing the Russiagate hoax for 3 years. They are Communist thugs. They were armed with bats and think it's ok to batter people with baseball bats cause they don't like their political views.

No, they were conscientious citizens who strongly opposed racism, and understood the necessity to speak out against it. If that alone makes a communist, then I proudly am one.

Do you approve of the violent tactics ANTIFA utilizes? Do you approve of threatening people, blocking traffic? I don't believe for one minute that the majority of people support this. But they're too afraid to be called a "racist," or a "fascist," or "alt right" if they speak against it.

No, I don't approve of that. But do you condemn the hate preached by Alt Right white supremacists, and the violence and even murder they've committed? I'm talking about everything from shooting up synagogues and Mosques to dragging deaths of African Americans which have spiked with the current political climate.

I condemn all violence.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 5:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

John seems to invoke the very principles he claims to oppose by labeling young articulate social college educated anti-Nazi protesters as "communists"...quite laughable

I think in their minds if you allow "brownshirts" to walk around popularising fascism then it's a slippery slope to social decay. So fight Nazi fire with fire before it "spreads".

People in in 1930s Germany would never have dreamed that an enlightened and progressive society could be brainwashed so quickly when economic times were temporarily hard. Nobody resisted...everyone knows what happened (WWII)

Antifa probably know the alt-right is taking advantage of economic hardship to blame minority groups (traditional target of the right).

The question arises is do you help them by brawling with them? Dammed if you do damned if you don't.

By brawling with them you give attention seekers attention. The street brawls between the left and right in Germany in the 1920s lead to a sense of anarchy that made people yearn for "strong" leadership.

OTTH. Ignoring them and hoping they would go away led to the deaths of millions.

Right now the true Nazi/KKK element is such a fringe in America that it is probably best to ignore or resist peacefully. Portland while not Weimer Republic Germany has enough similarities to give me the heebie-jeebies. I do not know if ignoring them is possible in this social media era.

In parts of Europe, the nationalists are powerful enough that Jews should think of arming themselves.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 6:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think in their minds if you allow "brownshirts" to walk around popularising fascism then it's a slippery slope to social decay. So fight Nazi fire with fire before it "spreads".

People in in 1930s Germany would never have dreamed that an enlightened and progressive society could be brainwashed so quickly when economic times were temporarily hard. Nobody resisted...everyone knows what happened (WWII)

Antifa probably know the alt-right is taking advantage of economic hardship to blame minority groups (traditional target of the right).

The question arises is do you help them by brawling with them? Dammed if you do damned if you don't.

By brawling with them you give attention seekers attention. The street brawls between the left and right in Germany in the 1920s lead to a sense of anarchy that made people yearn for "strong" leadership.

OTTH. Ignoring them and hoping they would go away led to the deaths of millions.

Right now the true Nazi/KKK element is such a fringe in America that it is probably best to ignore or resist peacefully. Portland while not Weimer Republic Germany has enough similarities to give me the heebie-jeebies. I do not know if ignoring them is possible in this social media era.

I don't think ignoring them is possible in this social media era. But I think all resistance should be nonviolent, except in direct self-defense. There was no direct justification for punching Richard Spencer, for example; that accomplished nothing except to make the antifa look bad.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 6:55 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
This video shows one of the communist thugs smashing the guy's car before he accelerates.

I can't see any bats in that video , this dude swings his jacket at the car after it passes him

Yeah fair enough. But if you watch the other video the gang of thugs had bats.

I saw at least 3 people with helmets and bats who attacked the car.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 7:02 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
This video shows one of the communist thugs smashing the guy's car before he accelerates.

I can't see any bats in that video , this dude swings his jacket at the car after it passes him

Well, yeah; he drove right into their path at high speed. Someone drives their vehicle straight at me and my friends, and you can bet I'm going to swat at the car with whatever I have at hand. That's especially true as it was obvious the driver was part of the Alt Right demonstration who meant to take out as many lousy "commies and race traitors" as he could.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 7:08 pm

The best way to fight the radical white nationalists is to stop propping up a system that breeds this kind of s**t. That'll do more than screaming at them at them in the streets.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 7:38 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
The best way to fight the radical white nationalists is to stop propping up a system that breeds this kind of s**t. That'll do more than screaming at them at them in the streets.

And just what might that system be?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 7:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Well, yeah; he drove right into their path at high speed. Someone drives their vehicle straight at me and my friends, and you can bet I'm going to swat at the car with whatever I have at hand. That's especially true as it was obvious the driver was part of the Alt Right demonstration who meant to take out as many lousy "commies and race traitors" as he could.

I'm not sure that would be my initial reaction , I probably would of thought it was an accident at first , not kill the driver as he's a terrorist. As soon as the driver started reversing I would think differently though.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 7:46 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I'm not sure that would be my initial reaction , I probably would of thought it was an accident at first , not kill the driver as he's a terrorist. As soon as the driver started reversing I would think differently though.

But again, he deliberately drove into the crowd of anti-racist demonstrators. It's kind of hard to work my head around that being just an accident.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 8:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

But again, he deliberately drove into the crowd of anti-racist demonstrators. It's kind of hard to work my head around that being just an accident.

Yep , from the videos I've been watching it appears very deliberate and completely insane.

I'm not defending his actions.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 8:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

A one-party system with two neoliberal factions that serve only the wealthy elite. Noam Chomsky predicted the Trump presidency six years before he got elected.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 8:15 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Yep , from the videos I've been watching it appears very deliberate and completely insane.

I'm not defending his actions.

No worries, I understand that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 8:16 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

A one-party system with two neoliberal factions that serve only the wealthy elite. Noam Chomsky predicted the Trump presidency six years before he got elected.

He predicted someone who's charismatic and honest. Trump doesn't have an honest bone in his body.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 8:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

He predicted someone who's charismatic and honest. Trump doesn't have an honest bone in his body.

*Sigh* Honest in the sense that he does not hide what he's about. If that's your only takeaway from that video, I guess I'm wasting my time.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 9:12 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

That car reminds me of a bowling ball going down an alley and striking human pins.

I supposed it is possible he was fleeing from something, went down the wrong street and crashed into people.

But from what I saw in the clip there was no one after him in a way that crashing into a crowd was his only means of escape. And then he drove in reverse back into the direction of whoever he might have been fleeing from.