Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:23 am

TimidButterfly89 wrote:
I work at a daycare with a bunch of "women" I swear I'm back in middle school again. I had one girl throw my purse to the ground when it was sitting on the counter to make speace for her things. And she will make snarky comments about what I'm wearing and frown and roll her eyes. Shell talk about me to the other girls and theyll look at me and laugh. Most of the other women working their behave cold towards me and I try to adviod talking to them because in the past they gave me the impression I was bothering them. I try to be polite but to be honest shes pissng me off I told her very politely never touch my purse again and she looked surpsied. I think maybe i look quiet and easy to pick on shes hated me since day one and j just want to work and go home but she makes it so hard and I dont know if i should speak to a manger because we're all grown here even if most of them dont act like it. I almost cried and I dont want to give the girl the satisfaction. :lol:

If I ever had a child of my own I would never leave them at daycare. There probably only two girls at this place that I would trust with my child. .

Hmm, I would have felt like picking up my purse, SLAMMING it angrily on the desk, shoving her belongings off and looking right into her eyes. :lol:

I would do what hurtloam recommended though - record all incidences where she snarks at you or touches your belongings. It's completely not on for her to do that to anyone.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Jul 2019, 10:07 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Something I need to say about bullying. Some of my past I thought that I was being bullied but it was because I took things to seriously when others were just messing about, and if you asked them, and they were totally honest, they had no intent to hurt me. It was their way of humour. Most others who were not as timid as I tend to be and can read social situations better, will simply do the same back and they would get along fine. It is just because I am different.
Whenever I told on bullies I was told by the teachers that they were only joking but when I joked I got in trouble for being a bully. Double standard & looking back I'm pretty sure that they were bullying me but they lied to the teachers or the teachers just automatically assumed they were joking.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 12:53 pm

It never is easy. Knowing what is best to do etc.