So I met someone interesting..agnostic, into science and ..

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2019, 3:32 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
red_doghubb wrote:

Probably not readily available in the ME, but there are stunningly good meat substitutes. I've started eating "Beyond Meat" products. As a former meat eater, I was bowled over. Maybe some expat grocery stores carry them or they can be ordered via Amazon or the regional equivalent tho that's a long shot.

Is this something brand spanking new? Because this hasn't been my experience unless you compare them with what MacDonalds calls "meat".

I've been a vegetarian for a while (not anymore) and avoided all substitutes due to the awful taste compared to fresh produce (don't' get me started on cheese). I love cooking and expanding my cooking options for vegetarian dishes was great fun :)

Don't know- maybe a yr or two? The sausage initially grossed me out because it tasted so much like pork sausage and I hadn't eaten that in a long time. The hamburger smells like canned dog food when you cook it, I won't lie, but the taste is terrific and it has the texture of real burger. I was a veg for a long time- I became a vegan at a good time, as the non -soy options have multiplied.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 3:39 pm

If you like fish, then order fish when you are with her.

And you like some of that Vegan stuff.

Sounds like a winner to me—unless she gets on your butt about your diet.

I’m a meat-eater and agnostic. My wife doesn’t eat pork and is part-vegetarian during Lent. She’s a believer in God. She doesn’t get on my butt about it too much.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 3:58 pm

Personally, I wouldn't "date" a vegan, because I consider the position to be irrational (along with other reasons), but unless she's also requiring you to become a vegan, why should it be impossible?

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 3:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
...and almost has the same interests as mine, like at least 90% of interests...

BUT...

There's a problem.

There's always this but that ruins it all.

She's radically Vegan, meaning she does not eat meat, poultry, even dairy products and eggs for ethical reasons, except fish and seafood (because she believes fish don't feel pain like mammals and birds which is something that it may not be entirely true, and not mass tortured in farms ).
While I am not, I am a meat eater, and I don't quite believe that humans were herbivores (our physiology doesn't support that, science shows we have evolved as an omnivore species and even slightly leaning more to the carnivore).

This won't work, no?

Great stuff Mr Boo!

Overthinking could be at play here. If you are a good match for eachother then compromising on the diet will happen, for both of you.
Wait and see if there is potential... then think about dietary changes.
As others have said chatting about your concerns is also a good gauge for more long term compatibility.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 5:33 am

smudge wrote:
Make yourself into a "flexitarian"? Since she eats seafood it makes her one, and she can't argue with that. If she does, she's nuts.

Solved.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 5:48 am

/ Yeah, it is solved for now.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 5:56 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Since you like vegan food anyway, what difference would it make?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 5:59 am

smudge wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Well, it will not make any difference as long we don’t live with each other. It is still too early to be too concerned about it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 6:04 am

So go on a damn date with her....

If you like her and she seems to like you than a few incompatibilities should not be a problem you and a potential girlfriend do not have to be exactly the same. Sound like if you were open to it you could potentially enjoy spending time with this woman and forming a longer term relationship....but of course if her veganism is a dealbreaker, better tell her that before she gets attached to you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 6:16 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
smudge wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Well, it will not make any difference as long we don’t live with each other. It is still too early to be too concerned about it.

That doesn't really make sense if you like vegan food to why would it become a problem when you live together? I mean you don't want to eat vegan stuff, she doesn't cook vegan stuff you like.you don't know how to cook yourself?(don't feel bad I don't really know how either) or You're not ready to live one on one with another person?....I mean kind of seems like maybe you have some baggage preventing you enjoying a relationship. LIke you should not be so concerned with the woman eating vegan....I am sure if you wanted you could take her out some place that has food you would also like.

Like why are you zoning in on that she has a different eating style, when you're thinking about dating her. Most women don't want a man who tells them what they can and cannot eat anyways. I mean if you are interested in her at all then go on a date...if her not eating meat is a deal breaker don't go on a date.

Otherwise the only way you will know if there is compatibility would be to meet her in person and see how she is face to face, if you hit it off or not and such.

LIke what exactly are you asking for here, which ways are best to most hurtfully break up with her, or how you can prove your vegan diet is far superior to her primitive diet that still involves meat....or are you actually trying to find a way to stay with this woman. Just don't want to waste time giving tips on how to maybe keep her around if your goal is to just ditch her anyways.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 12:38 pm

Whoa Sweeleaf, relax, take a deep breath. Is everything...ok with you? lol

I will not stop dating her because of food. And yes I know how to cook the basic stuff. And for the record we are still not a couple, I hope we will but wait and see.

You are reading into this and projecting way too much, by “it was solved” I meant that I thought about it and it should not be a big deal, and I wrongly thought that it would be a big deal for her than it actually is (she already knows that I eat meat); she does try to push me to try her food and I have no issue with it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 1:22 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I will not stop dating her because of food. And yes I know how to cook the basic stuff. And for the record we are still not a couple, I hope we will but wait and see.

You are reading into this and projecting way too much, by “it was solved” I meant that I thought about it and it should not be a big deal, and I wrongly thought that it would be a big deal for her than it actually is (she already knows that I eat meat); she does try to push me to try her food and I have no issue with it.

I am not projecting anything, just pointing out its not as big of a deal as you are making it out to be that she is a vegan and you're not, especially if you enjoy vegan food anyways and aside from that are 90% compatible like you say in your O.P.

If that is the case than I just don't see what the problem is exactly...but its your life, if you want to preemptively decide it won't work out just because she's vegan that's your choice doesn't effect me or really anyone else here at all. I am sure next month it will be another women you're seeing that you come asking 'it wont work right guys' or 'I am wasting my time with her right.'...then i might try to encourage you to quit being so picky, and you will make some kind of comment implying that I am completely irrational...rinse and repeat, it is quite predictable really.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 1:29 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I am not projecting anything, just pointing out its not as big of a deal as you are making it out to be that she is a vegan and you're not, especially if you enjoy vegan food anyways and aside from that are 90% compatible like you say in your O.P.

If that is the case than I just don't see what the problem is exactly...but its your life, if you want to preemptively decide it won't work out just because she's vegan that's your choice doesn't effect me or really anyone else here at all. I am sure next month it will be another women you're seeing that you come asking 'it wont work right guys' or 'I am wasting my time with her right.'...then i might try to encourage you to quit being so picky, and you will make some kind of comment implying that I am completely irrational...rinse and repeat, it is quite predictable really.

Sweetleaf, we are fine now, don't worry.

And no, I don't really jump from one woman to another, you probably forgot that I was in a LT for 2 years and got cheated. So...you're just being unfair.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 07 Jul 2019, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 1:30 pm

No offence, Sweetleaf, but are you ok?

I'm asking because while the OP was slightly catastrophic you made some wild assumptions in your last two posts...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 1:13 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
No offence, Sweetleaf, but are you ok?

I'm asking because while the OP was slightly catastrophic you made some wild assumptions in your last two posts...

Perhaps I was being unfair, just seemed boo was trying to find excuses to end the relationship before it really went anywhere. It seems I may have missed a bit where it was determined the food issue wasn't such a big thing before a couple of my last comments by not reading the whole thread first(it was late at the time and I wasn't paying very good attention)

what can I say sh*t happens. I hope things work out with this woman and boo.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 1:25 pm

^
No worries, I was really concerned you weren't feeling well.