Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

flawedplan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2019, 8:03 pm

Greetings,

I'm the female half of a mixed relationship; he's on the spectrum. I'm neurodivergent but not autistic. We've been together four years and after a rather difficult "lost" period we're beginning to figure this thing out. I have a loose background in social work and disability advocacy but ASD was new to me, til I spent a year studying him, had him take half a dozen online tests then read a few books. He then started seeing a counselor who specializes in ASD, got the diagnosis and began his hero's journey. We have hope and therapeutic guidance and we need loads of both.
I'm here because sometimes I read so much outlandish information from ASD spouses, I just want to hang out and pay heed to what the real people have to say.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 8:14 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 8:14 pm

Welcome aboard!

I have many great memories of Austin, especially down around the university area. Lots of nice, friendly people, many of whom are musically talented.

What do real people have to say?

"When you seen one aspie ... you've seen one aspie." Every one of us is unique. We are not "Rainmen" or clones of "The Good Doctor". We're people. We have feelings. We have opinions, and we notice the world around us. Some of us even have relationships, families, careers, and (believe it or not) friends!

Stick around. Get to know us. And do not fee the trolls.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blackomen
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2019, 8:18 pm

Although I've only been to Austin once, I've always thought of Austin as one of the "dream" places for an Aspie to live, especially with its "Keep Austin Weird" motto.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 8:32 pm

My favorite pub is the Crown & Anchor. Lots of intellectual types, with nary a clinker in the house. 'Course, I had to by a round for the table when it came my turn, but the craic was free!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 2:19 am

Hello, glad you're here. :)

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 12:59 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 9:00 am

Welcome from the other end of 290!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!