Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jun 2005, 11:43 am

hey guys, as you may know it is possible to put linux on your ipod. I was almost there and i screwed up. Now all i get is a picture of a ! with a picture of a file. I could always format the ipod or try reinstalling it. The problem is my Ipod is not reconized. How can I get my computer to recognize my ipod again?

can someone help?

-Tony Mantanna
-Scarface

Say Good Night to the bad guy - Tony Montana
-Scarface

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Jun 2005, 2:51 pm

theSPECTRE wrote:
hey guys, as you may know it is possible to put linux on your ipod. I was almost there and i screwed up. Now all i get is a picture of a ! with a picture of a file. I could always format the ipod or try reinstalling it. The problem is my Ipod is not reconized. How can I get my computer to recognize my ipod again?

can someone help?

Connect the ipod to the computer. Restart the ipod by holding down center and menu buttons until it restarts. Then hold down the center and play/pause buttons to make the ipod boot into disk mode. After this, use the ipod updater to restore the ipod to its original configuration.