Have I wasted my life for not going to concerts ?

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 5:02 pm

To me, it depends on the performer.

Bruce Springsteen is a great storyteller----so "live" concerts work very well with him.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 5:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
The thing I really can't get into is live albums. They're like the worst of both worlds!

I mostly agree, but live-in-studio recordings don't bother me.

Yeah that's not so bad.

The only live in concert album I really like is the Portishead NYC one, that's amazing.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
To me, it depends on the performer.

Bruce Springsteen is a great storyteller----so "live" concerts work very well with him.

I've likely seen 30 bands live in concert. Springsteen was the worst and most boring of them all even with the E Street Band and Clarence Clemons.

I really wasn't impressed.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:58 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:
I normally prefer to listen to studio albums.

Though occasionally you'll find bands that are better live than recorded.

Most of the bands I listen to are better live than they are in studio.
I don't mind so much if they do studio overdubs on live albums, but I HATE when they add fake crowd noise. There's this Rush concert tape from 1984, and the original releases have this really awful crowd loop that's maybe four seconds long, so you keep hearing the same whistles over and over, throughout the ENTIRE thing >_<

Something Profound
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2021, 11:06 pm

In response to the OP:

If you feel like concerts are something you can enjoy, you can certainly try to begin that experience now. It does no real good to worry about what you missed in the past.

I personally dislike concerts. It just doesn't really appeal to me, the few times I went they were awkward, uncomfortable, and even if I enjoyed the music (I generally did for all of the ones I went to) the idea of being in a crowd was more or less unpleasant for me.

Although there are some bands I would like to see live, just so I can say I saw them live, even if the experience would be really off putting.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:38 am

I don't like concerts I think its a waste of money to go and have to look at a screen because the person in front of you stands up on the seat blocking your view with their bum.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:59 am

Something Profound wrote:
Although there are some bands I would like to see live, just so I can say I saw them live, even if the experience would be really off putting.

Yeah, when I went to see Sabbath, Machine Head were the opening act, and although I really like their (older) music, they were way too loud, and just setting off my "fight or flight".
MegadetH were next, and way more tolerable, and by the time it got to Sabbath, I was pretty okay.
It was totally worth it and one of the major highlights of my life.

We had balcony seats, so not fantastic, but an alright view, and not crowded at all.