2020 Trump electoral loss/popular victory?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

If Trump loses the Presidency with a popular win in 2020...
...Fox News and the fundies would go APESHIT!." Cheat! It's a fake! Stolen! Illegal alien voting! Chicago/Tammany Hall vote counting! Do it over again! It's unfair! S/he's not MY President! " 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Violent pro-Trumpers attempt coup/violence 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Trump would refuse to leave, setting up the worst American constitutional crisis of all time! 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Trump would legally challenge the results, in a very nasty/ " fouling the uwaters " manner. 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Trump might politely challenge it, but would leave peacefully on schedule when it didn't work. 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 9:46 am

A huge stink was and is still being raised over Clinton's loss. I do not expect that level of drama if Trump loses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 9:56 am

EzraS wrote:
A huge stink was and is still being raised over Clinton's loss. I do not see that level of drama if Trump loses.

I expect it no matter the outcome. If Trump losses the deep state and the media will be blamed for “stealing” the election. If Trump wins Russia and Gerrymandering will be blamed for “stealing” the election. The precedent has been set, the barn door has been opened

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 2:14 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If he loses the electoral college popular vote loss or not he will refuse to leave saying the election was rigged.

Unless the secret services show him the door: they are protecting not so much Trump, as the President; which may seem semantic, but is a big difference between the US and a banana republic.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 2:54 pm

...FWIW, I do not think, IF violence/a coup were ATTEMPTED, and please note my capitalized words - I DO NOT think the American.military would en masse join s pro-Trump war. I do not at all!
A few crazies - likely, to repeat myself, not in the military at all - might attempt violence - Timothy McVeigh had no particular following, but he was able to do a lot of damage anyway :( .
As for " claiming stolren elections "0whst about Trump's endless claims that Hillary's popular vote was 100%% due to fake voters - over 2,750,000 of them 8O ! Which nobody has ever found :lol:. Care (Oh, the New Hampshire primary as well) to be ack that assertion up :wink: ?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 5:12 pm

It's very unlikely Trump has an electoral loss but popular victory. If it did happen I'm pretty sure he would challenge it in some fashion, but I don't thinkt hat challenge would get very far.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 6:19 pm

Tollorin wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
If he loses the electoral college popular vote loss or not he will refuse to leave saying the election was rigged.

Unless the secret services show him the door: they are protecting not so much Trump, as the President; which may seem semantic, but is a big difference between the US and a banana republic.

If he refuses to leave I do expect the Secret Service to physically carry him out. If this does not happen we have lost our republic. If it does it is the lesser of two nightmares, that image broadcast everywhere would do possibly irreparable harm to any hope of any type of any return to political civility.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 9:47 pm

Perhaps Trump has amassed a small army of MAGA loyalists among the secret service and military brass.