2020 Trump electoral loss/popular victory?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

If Trump loses the Presidency with a popular win in 2020...
...Fox News and the fundies would go APESHIT!." Cheat! It's a fake! Stolen! Illegal alien voting! Chicago/Tammany Hall vote counting! Do it over again! It's unfair! S/he's not MY President! " 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Violent pro-Trumpers attempt coup/violence 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Trump would refuse to leave, setting up the worst American constitutional crisis of all time! 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Trump would legally challenge the results, in a very nasty/ " fouling the uwaters " manner. 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Trump might politely challenge it, but would leave peacefully on schedule when it didn't work. 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 11:56 pm

:cry: I lost the first draft of this. All I have is this excessively bucking phone :( , my bad back is hurting me, I have COPD and asthma myself, things are endlessly stolen from me here in this shelter, I fell afraid of developing Catpal Tunnel Syndrome :cry: ...........My first draft was (basically) FINISHED! :(
What if in the 2/20 U.D. President ial election, Donald John Trump wins the largest number of votes cast/counted - the Popular vote - but his Democratic opponent wind enough votes distributed in the correct amount to win the Electoral College vote 8O ?
Then, of course, that Dem would have won, and would be the President! 8) That would exactly reverse, 100%, the manner in which Trump won the 2016 election,. But, what would HAPPEN :wink: :? :twisted: :roll: ? Well...........

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Last edited by ASS-P on 11 Jul 2019, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 12:05 am

Western Civilization is falling apart and now Trump is bothering me! :cry:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 12:13 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Western Civilization is falling apart and now Trump is bothering me! :cry:

...I changed the poll to make it clearer, TW, and it wiped out your vote. I had to re-vote and you'll have to too.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 12:15 am

It will probably be an ordinary transition. Even though a lot of people flipped out over that last election and despite all the russiagate jazz, it was still pretty much an ordinary transition. But I expect a lot of the media will drum up a great deal of hype as usual.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 12:24 am

And the rich powerful American white man will get away with all his crimes. Just like George W. Bush.

America sucks.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 12:43 am

...To try and plausibly make an argument for my hypothesis...
If the Democrats managed to stay together, and avoid assuming the circular firing squad position (as they frequently do :roll: )...and if someone luke Evan McMullen in 2016 ran a NeverTrump-y campaign - and had loads more time and money to spend & get on state ballots...and if the Libertarians (on every state ballot in '16 IIRC) offer someone a trifle less schizzy than Gary " Look At My " Johnson :P...enuff Republicy-oriented voters might go for either at the top of the ticket, while voting Elephant locally...maybe enuff people in a coupla states sufficient for Trump to lose might fall away...even if " his base " dedicatedly votes for him...generally in pretty red states anyway 8O!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 1:09 am

Democrats will be screaming that we need to make the president electable by popular vote.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 1:31 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Democrats will be screaming that we need to make the president electable by popular vote.

...Bluntly, LNH...did you mix up the mening of my question? Why would Democrats rezpinx to my hypothetical 2020 Dem victory by Electoral, but not popular, votes that way? Many responded to 2000 and 2016 that way, I suppose, but my theoretical 2020 scenario would BENEFIT the Donkey! :)

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 2:31 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Bluntly, LNH...did you mix up the mening of my question? Why would Democrats rezpinx to my hypothetical 2020 Dem victory by Electoral, but not popular, votes that way? Many responded to 2000 and 2016 that way, I suppose, but my theoretical 2020 scenario would BENEFIT the Donkey! :)

"NOT", means "would not happen".

So, Democrats *WOULD NOT* make a stink about not winning the popular vote.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 2:37 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

"NOT", means "would not happen".

So, Democrats *WOULD NOT* make a stink about not winning the popular vote.

...Well, in the case of the Republicans winning 40 percent of the last five elections with a popular loss...have THEY raised much of a stink :( ? Not in my hypothesis, in what-has-actually- happened- in the last 20 years sense. :mrgreen:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 4:25 am

If he loses the electoral college popular vote loss or not he will refuse to leave saying the election was rigged.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 5:20 am

...I remember you put up a fantasy " Trump loses, his followers start - & Donny encourages - violent rebellion and following wars & disaster that brings America down " :o thread pre-E Day "16 . Can you kick that one back up?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 5:25 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If he loses the electoral college popular vote loss or not he will refuse to leave saying the election was rigged.

I seriously doubt that he is going to refuse to leave if he loses the election.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 7:52 am

He will not refuse to leave. The best part is that you will not see a march on DC with conservatives wearing absurd attire, such as vaginas with hair around them. My God, never was I so ashamed to be in possession of female genitalia, in all my life. I do not identify as anything other than human. I see myself as a brain/soul occupying a vessel. What I have to work with is just chance. But, on that day and many more that followed, I was completely humiliated.

There is a comfort in living in an armed society. Contrary to what some might believe, the US army will not turn on the citizens of their country as a whole. They will spread out and choose a side, if civil war ensues. And I believe it will. The media has seen to it. They have set about portraying one side as winners and the other side as losers and the American spirit will not leave that challenge to question.

So, while Trump will leave and he will not challenge the vote beyond the usual measure, a civil war will begin to take shape. He will say something along the lines of, "I'm sorry folks, I tried." And a civil war will ensue.

The best course of action to prevent this from happening would be for Trump to win the next four years and the American populace to allow this to wind down, naturally. That way, the conservatives can say, 'well, we had our shot and it didn't work.' Otherwise, Trump supporters will have to sit with the words of the Media ringing in their ears until they die. That's a hard pill to swallow. Hence, my prediction of a civil war.

That's just my prediction, fwiw. I don't care to argue. Take it or leave it... It's just an opinion; harmless.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 8:33 am

Quote:
Contrary to what some might believe, the US army will not turn on the citizens of their country as a whole.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. In the last American Civil War we had Union soldiers burning entire towns down leaving many homeless. They were indeed attacking American civilians in the southern states and trying to starve them into surrendering.

And no, we have not come a long way since then. Americans will still use any dirty tactic to win a war. I would not put it past our military to attack our own citizens with bombs and chemical weapons when a second civil war eventually does break out.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 8:44 am

I believe he would step down, ensuring a smooth transition.

But I also believe he would seek to challenge the results in some way (perhaps through the courts).

I don't believe a "popular vote" victory is likely----he didn't win the popular vote even in the groundswell for him in 2016.

If Trump loses all the states that usually vote Democratic--but who voted for Trump in 2016--he's likely to lose the election. If he loses Florida (Trump won it by the slimmest of margins), it's "curtains" for him.