Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 12:04 pm

I just am gonna say, yesterday I got a small implant in my left arm. It's birth control that is supposed to work for four yrs.
I'm not sure if it's morally right, but it's one way for me not to get pregnant while working on getting my son back and other things (like therapy).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 12:11 pm

Long-term birth control is a good idea if you are certain you don't want more children. Some women have adverse reactions to hormonal contraception, so make sure you monitor any changes in your health over time. Don't forget that you'll need to use condoms too, to prevent STI.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 8:18 am

I had cramps recently.
I felt like I was on my period.

Yeah, condoms.

I'm awaiting a call for court...

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 7:00 pm

If it is right for you and works for your body, it is the right thing to do. Good luck getting your son back. It sounds like you are on the right track to make positive changes.
I agree with Isabella on monitoring your body for changes. Mine does not tolerate any birth control at all. I am hoping you will have much better luck. :)

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Deccajay

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2019, 1:32 am

caThar4G wrote:
I just am gonna say, yesterday I got a small implant in my left arm. It's birth control that is supposed to work for four yrs.

You say small, these devices are far from it. I've seen the ads on removal and they look far from pain free.
As for the coil I was recently advised and refused to have implanted inside my uterus, contrasts the same apparent life span, and I believe there is not enough evidence to say that it won't dislodge itself all that time spent inside the womb.
In fact, it would be more like a foreign body or dare I say foetus, trying to come out from acting as a substitute for whatever bodily reason a surgeon likes to impress upon their patients.
I'm wondering what other form of low hormone device would be suitable, if you don't want to bear fruit with anyone.
Having judged from earlier past experiences, I'd say if your body can't take a form of artificial hormone for whatever reason, then what's the use of going back through it. Obviously, many reasons, but why isn't there one with really low hormones in both? I've been studying my options and wondering if anyone with this problem has taken the new one, Eloine? Even if they are not good with fake hormones.