Any Americans have a Costco membership that could help me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 6:31 pm

Any Americans here have a Costco membership that could help me out with buying some antihistamines? I have chronic hives and require a lot of antihistamines and its so damn expensive for Allegra in Canada(there is no generic here), can anyone with a membership help me out? I'll paypal you the money for it and shipping costs. In Canada the cheapest I can find it is for $0.71 a pill(I take 4 a day) and in Costco in the US once converted to Canadian is only $0.19 a pill 8O Anyone help a fellow aspie out?

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signatu ... 99849.html

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jul 2019, 6:18 am

eBay & Amazon sell over the counter meds like antihistamines including Allegra. You might could save a bit of money if you buy in bulk & get a generic. Some of the meds & supplements on eBay could be expired(I don't know about Amazon) but they should still be good a ways past the expiration date if they were packaged & stored well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 11:16 am

nick007 wrote:
eBay & Amazon sell over the counter meds like antihistamines including Allegra. You might could save a bit of money if you buy in bulk & get a generic. Some of the meds & supplements on eBay could be expired(I don't know about Amazon) but they should still be good a ways past the expiration date if they were packaged & stored well.

Well Costco is bulk and generic. If I buy directly from American sites, anything over $20 CAD has the possibility of having massive custom duty charges that double the cost of the item. There is no consistent application of these tarrifs so you never know when. But someone shipping it to me can simply put the value of the package as $20 CAD and I don't gotta worry about that BS. Canada has the most protectionist bs trade policy in the developed world, every other country has a higher threshold when tariffs kick in. The US its like anything below $800 USD is tariff free. If the new NAFTA kicks in Trump forced Canadian politicians to get off their ass and raise the threshold to $80 I think which is great, but it hasn't been ratified.