Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 7:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
And yet Epstein and Trump were buddies. The right might be gleeful about liberals being taken down in this, but they should be wary about yet another Trump scandal piling up on top of the rest.

I think from their perspective and many others so many Trump scandals have been created they have lost their potency.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 7:31 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And yet Epstein and Trump were buddies. The right might be gleeful about liberals being taken down in this, but they should be wary about yet another Trump scandal piling up on top of the rest.

I think from their perspective and many others so many Trump scandals have been created they have lost their potency.

It's more like his core supporters don't care how corrupt he is.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 7:46 pm

beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think there are a lot of people beyond core supporters who do not believe a lot of what they hear because of over-saturation. I think from their perspective almost daily there is yet another corruption scandal that goes nowhere. The boy who cried wolf effect.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 7:49 pm

Liberals will literally just make anything about Trump and it will only help Trump win again.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:24 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If they are losing their potency it's because there has been no will on the part of Trump's party to do the right thing and jettison him. If the republicans keep slapping him on the back for doing a great job then the "sheep" who voted for him are likely to believe the baloney conspiracy stories that he tweets as a defence for his encyclopaedia of scandals.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:26 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Liberals will literally just make anything about Trump and it will only help Trump win again.

The American people get the leader they deserve...It's just the rest of us have to put up with this POTUS again for another 4 yrs

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:29 pm

EzraS wrote:
beneficii wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think there are a lot of people beyond core supporters who do not believe a lot of what they hear because of over-saturation. I think from their perspective almost daily there is yet another corruption scandal that goes nowhere. The boy who cried wolf effect.

The thing is, Trump's supporters don't even hear the truth about his scandals, because right wing news sources they listen to don't report on them, but claim Trump had been totally exonerated.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:36 pm

Fox News will keep "true Americans" informed :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:40 pm

I think it is the boy who cried wolf effect. Many started pointing out that parable years ago and it has compounded significantly since then. It is more than just his supporters who have been desensitized.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
I think it is the boy who cried wolf effect. Many started pointing out that parable years ago and it has compounded significantly since then. It is more than just his supporters who have been desensitized.

I've heard a Trump supporter during an interview say she had never heard about these scandals from her right wing news sources. Now she's confused, as this was coming from her republican representative who is now Anti-Trump.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:48 pm

Except Trump supporters aren't kids reading a children's fairytale.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

The American people get the leader they deserve...It's just the rest of us have to put up with this POTUS again for another 4 yrs

He is an agent of karma. That is why the fates favor him.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Maybe not children in actual years, but mentally...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 10:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I've heard a Trump supporter during an interview say she had never heard about these scandals from her right wing news sources. Now she's confused, as this was coming from her republican representative who is now Anti-Trump.

It is all those who have heard the encyclopedia of scandals that have gone nowhere who are relevant.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 10:04 pm

yep not high on the EQ scale either...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 10:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Maybe not children in actual years, but mentally...

Trump supporters are not the problem when it comes to those who have been desensitized by way of over-saturation. The ones who are relevant are huge number of people in the middle.