Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 2:17 pm

Germans fret about Merkel after shaking episodes

Quote:
“Does Merkel travel too much?” asked mass-selling daily Bild on Friday as Germans fret about the health of their chancellor, who sat rather than stood at a ceremony on Thursday after shaking for the third time in as many weeks when standing a day earlier.

The shaking episodes - all while standing at ceremonies - have unnerved many Germans, who look to Angela Merkel as a rock in an unstable world, and have raised questions about her health and whether her punishing schedule is proving too much.

Bild counted 21 foreign trips that Merkel, who turns 65 next week, has been on so far this year, which it said was more than 41-year-old French President Emmanuel Macron, on 17, and 62-year-old British Prime Minister Theresa May, on 16.

Leading the European Union’s largest economy, Merkel is renowned for her work ethic and has a reputation for outlasting other leaders at EU summits with her ability to focus on the details of complex discussions deep into the night.

Merkel appeared cheerful and steady at two appointments on Friday morning, posing briefly while standing before cameras to receive a report on carbon pricing and for a gallery opening.

The chancellor, who has no history of serious health issues, insisted “I am fine” on Wednesday, after trembling at a ceremony to receive Finland’s prime minister, and said she was “working through” a bout of tremors that first occurred in mid-June.

But she has declined to give any details about her health.

“I look after my health,” she said on Thursday.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 8:48 am

I feel so bad for this woman. I believe that whatever it is, is neurological in nature. I don't believe it's dehydration. But, the poor thing can't even be sick in peace.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 8:54 am

There are so many posibilities at this point its almost imposible to speculate as to what the problem is,if there is one.I am very curious to find why she is skakeing.Its a real mystery at this point

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 1:52 am

This woman, who is approaching her elderly years, has been battling against nationalist populism in not just her own country, but also throughout Europe and the rest of the west, all the while Russia manipulates things from the outside. It's a small wonder that all this is taking its toll on her.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 10:41 pm

I also feel bad for her. I wish her the best.