Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

uyyu
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jul 2019, 9:49 pm

im looking for a small town now, small apartment. i have no want or need. its pointless to start a family. whats the point of getting stuck in a BS job of course absolutely meaningless. small apartment and gig to feed oneself its all one needs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 12:06 pm

Currently, a one-bedroom flat runs $1200 to $1500 in my area (near Los Angeles).

You would need two month's rent, plus a one-month "cleaning deposit" in advance, which brings your move-in costs to a total of $3600 to $4500.

Good luck.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

FletcherArrow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2019, 9:49 am

uyyu wrote:
im looking for a small town now, small apartment. i have no want or need. its pointless to start a family. whats the point of getting stuck in a BS job of course absolutely meaningless. small apartment and gig to feed oneself its all one needs.

There is something in your short little miserable post which resonates with me.

I have often wanted to just run away, get a small apartment in some small town and hide until this life is over because there is no point in starting a family or even hoping to ever find someone who would want to start a family.

And yet, I still have hope that good things can happen in some imagined positive future.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2019, 12:42 pm

I have often wanted to just run away, get a small apartment in some small town and hide[/quote]

Have done this twice so far. A++ can recommend, as long as you have finances sorted out (i.e. you know you can afford it). Traveled interstate, found a tiny little place where I knew no-one and the neighbors weren't nosy, moved in and cut off pretty much all contact. At one place, I had a 9-5 job lined up with next to zero social interaction all day, at the other I was on vacation with no externally imposed schedule.

Really, really, really enjoyed the solitude and lack of other people imposing themselves on my life. Pottered about doing random things, occasionally drove around looking at... well, not tourist stuff exactly, but things that interested me. Just a huge relief and a weight off my shoulders.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 6:09 am

A one bedder is a good start, but even as a single person with no kids you will eventually find yourself needing to upsize as you accumulate more 'stuff' and start wishing for space to indulge in special interests.

I started in a 2 bedroom terraced unit 8 years ago and I'm currently yearning to upgrade to a 3+ bedroom standalone house with a bigger garage. And I'm seriously considering moving to a smaller cheaper town so I can afford to do so.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 6:18 am

There are small towns in rural Florida which have inexpensive rentals. These places are usually pretty worn down. Or mobile homes or trailers out in the countryside. You would have to have a car.

If you qualify for low income housing and can tolerate the neighbors, you can rent a nice one bedroom for $150/month or so in some towns.