Tennessee Gov. signs bill to celebrate white supremacist

Page 2 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:19 am

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
And Mister Fnord, if you really think it's ok to benefit from genocide then I will lose all respect for you.
I did not say that it was ok. I said that anyone currently living on former Native American or First Nations land has either contributed to or benefited from genocide. It's like when WWIII is fought with nukes, the cockroaches will live on the land that we once occupied. This is just how it is, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:20 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We would really be in a pickle if we celebrated the Nazis as heroes. To say the least. To even conceive of such a thing is just beyond nuts!
Tell that to the white supremacists. Go ahead. I dare you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We would really be in a pickle if we celebrated the Nazis as heroes. To say the least.

To even conceive of such a thing is just beyond nuts!

But we all know that's exactly how it would be, which proves my point that people can be sociopathic scumbags and still be praised as heroes for winning wars when they should not be praised at all.

I hope General Sherman is roasting in hell along with Hitler.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:24 am

There has been lots of heroism over the eons exhibited by those who have, ultimately, lost battles. At least some might "win the war" ultimately.

Heroism is not a black and white issue. Not all winners are heroes, and not all losers are doormats. There are many things to consider when calling someone or some thing a hero is considered.

People forget that Trump denigrated a hero, John McCain, who was an heroic person who happened to have been a prisoner-of-war during Vietnam. Trump said he "shouldn't have been caught." What a dope!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:25 am

Kraftie, He basically said that anybody who wins a war deserves to be regarded as a hero, genocide or not.
If the Allies had lost WWII, then the Axis would be writing all of the history books and teaching all of the children. By now, we would all be fully indoctrinated into the cult of "Heilige Adolf" und spreche nur Deutsch, ja?
Even if he doesn't mean it that way that's pretty much what it implies.
It is easily inferred. But that's just how it is -- history is written by the victors, after all.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:27 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There has been lots of heroism over the eons exhibited by those who have, ultimately, lost battles. At least some might "win the war" ultimately.

Heroism is not a black and white issue. Not all winners are heroes, and not all losers are doormats. There are many things to consider when calling someone or some thing a hero is considered.

People forget that Trump denigrated a hero, John McCain, who was an heroic person who happened to have been a prisoner-of-war during Vietnam. Trump said he "shouldn't have been caught." What a dope!

And let's not forget that Trump himself faked a medical condition to get out of serving in Veitnam because he was too chickenshit.

And one person's hero is another person's loser, or villain.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:30 am

Ultimately, I doubt that we would have lost World War II. I feel like victory could have potentially taken a lot longer, though.

Nope....There is NO WAY the United States would have allowed the Nazis to invade them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Ultimately, I doubt that we would have lost World War II. I feel like victory could have potentially taken a lot longer, though. Nope....There is NO WAY the United States would have allowed the Nazis to invade them.
Again ... tell that to the white supremacists ... who are already here. You can wipe out an entire army, but their ideology lives on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:37 am

I cannot conceive of ANY scenario where the United States would have succumbed to the Nazis.

There would have been some difficulty in extricating the Nazis from European hegemony, though, had they achieved it.

We would have done it, though....because we KNEW, as a nation, the extent of the Nazi threat.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:41 am

I see a lot of truth in this latin phrase "Tu Fui Ego Eris"

It translates to "What you are, I was. What I am, you will become."

America is becoming its enemies.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:44 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
...because we KNEW, as a nation, the extent of the Nazi threat.
... America is becoming its enemies.
Heil Trump!
:roll: No, I mean "The Hell with Trump!"

Last edited by Fnord on 15 Jul 2019, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:44 am

We are going to beat this, TWIZTY---trust me on that!

I've never actually met a true "white supremacist" in my life. And I've met plenty of racists....

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We are going to beat this, TWIZTY---trust me on that! I've never actually met a true "white supremacist" in my life. And I've met plenty of racists...
If they're racist, and they're white, then they're white supremacists.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:50 am

But they don't advocate the things true "white supremacists" advocate.

They have racism in their heart which is quite malleable when challenged.

I had racism in my heart until I actually started hanging out with "minorities."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
But they don't advocate the things true "white supremacists" advocate...
Do you mean that they don't act like other white supremacists? The white supremacist movement is not monolithic in its behavior, just in its ideologies.

As an analogy, just because all gay men do not cross-dress, that does not make them any less gay.

Just because a white supremacist doesn't wear a MAGA hat, that does not make him any less of a white supremacist.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 9:57 am

Another interesting way of interpreting "Tu Fui Ego Eris" is the relationship between the native people and the colonists in this country.

The natives were wiped out by the white settlers and had their land taken from then. But now the white people in this country are actually greatly outnumbered by minorities. And the caucasian gene is actually recessive when it comes to interracial breeding.

Eventually centuries from now the Caucasians will become the true minority and they may face persecution too. If God really is real maybe he's planned it that way on purpose for the terrible things European colonists have done around the world to non-Caucasians and their countries? Just a thought...

Sometimes I wonder if certain things really do happen for a reason.