29 Jul 2019, 10:32 am

Treated myself to a Burger King Caramel Latte after my support group today

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 10:57 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Neither. Can I have some real meat, please?

I would prefere this too. :twisted:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jul 2019, 2:27 pm

collectoritis wrote:
Small places in Norway dont have BK or McD , we got BK only 2 yrs ago......their chicken burgers are okay , dont really care much for their regular burgers though

I've eaten at Wendys twice , first time constipation , second time felt queasy.......
I thought McDonalds was everywhere there was an American fast food chain place.
BK tends to upset my stomach & make me go to the bathroom a bit but I think that's cuz I get onion-rings there. Onion-rings tend to upset my stomach whenever I eat them. Plus I eat a lot when I eat out & am uncomfortably full after. That combo is not good for my stomach but I love the food too much to limit myself so it's my own damn fault instead of the place.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 2:43 pm

If you study the menu there are often ways of ordering sensible portions at fast food places.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 6:41 pm

BTDT wrote:
If you study the menu there are often ways of ordering sensible portions at fast food places.
I should do that but I like pigging out when I eat out :pig: I'm not good to by body in some ways :shameonyou:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 7:00 pm

I do prefer McDonalds but Burger King have nice plastic straws. I hate the new card straws Mc Donalds use. Grrr! I hate the feel of cardboard or paper in my mouth! It grinds on me! Oooherrr! Makes my bones feel funny!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 7:51 pm

The only thing I can stomach at MickeyD’s is their fish. I can’t stand Booger, err, Burger King at all. If I want a burger, I’ll go to Wendy’s or make my own, seasoned liberally with Old Bay Seasoning. (Yes, you can tell I’m from Southern York County, PA, which, for all practical purposes, is both suburban Baltimore and suburban Filthydelphia). If I want a chicken sandwich, Chick-Fil-A is the only chicken sandwich I can stomach. For Roast Beef, the only good roast beef sandwich that had any flavor was a small chain called Beef-A-Roo, based in Rockford, IL. Speaking of Roast Beef, I could eat an Italian Beef sandwich right now. I haven’t had that since I moved away from Chicago in 1991. I haven’t the foggiest idea how to make it. The Frugal Gourmet made it on one of his programs, when WTTW-TV produced that series back in the 1980’s, but I’ve haven’t been able to duplicate what was in the concoction, other than sweet green peppers (which gives me heartburn to no end!)

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 1:29 am

Carls Jr then Sonic then Whataburger then Jack in the Box then Burger King then Mcdonalds lol

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 5:10 am

the only time i ever buy ready-made hot food, is when i get coupons in the mail or email. then i will try pizza hut, dominos, mickey-d's and jack in the box. BK seldom has coupons. and when they do have coupons, they don't serve breakfast food at the times i am out and about [afternoons and evenings].

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 11:56 am

I prefer McDonald's because these days Burgerking seems to do diet coke instead of tasty coke.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 2:23 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I prefer McDonald's because these days Burgerking seems to do diet coke instead of tasty coke.

I have to avoid diet cola or any diet drinks as I find that the varous forms of artificial sweetners effect me and my mother.
Burger King cola (I have not been to either for a little while apart from BK yesterday) seems to be ok with me, but McDonalds seems to have some sweetner or something in it even though they say they don't. My throat starts to close which is what happens with artificial sweetners. I feel victimized with the sugar tax. Why not artificial sweetner tax too? Since the sugar tax almost all fizzy drinks in the shops now contain artificial sweetners, as do other drinks one does not expect. I can't even have Ribena any more ans now it has sweetner.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 2:58 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:

Same here - I would actually much more happily eat it raw than the options presented :P

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 8:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i'll gladly take faux meat anytime, just as long as the burger is not soggy and greasy.
I don't mind faux meat either. A little grease doesn't bother me thou & is kinda expected when my girlfriend cooks burgers but I'd rather if the burgers weren't soaking wet. I'll sometimes dab em with a paper-towel if they are but they're only like that sometimes. For a long time my mom used to fry food about every week. The main thing she fried was seafood like fish &/or shrimp but she also usually did fries but sometimes onion-rings or eggplant so I'm used to grease. Burgers cooked in bacon grease can be pretty good. My girlfriend fries the bacon & then cooks the burgers in the pan after she pours the bacon grease she can out. There's still a little bacon grease left or at least enough residue so the burgers absorb some of the flavor. I have not noticed the burgers being greaser after she started doing it that way. The greasiness tends to very anyways thou.

Mountain Goat wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I have to avoid diet cola or any diet drinks as I find that the varous forms of artificial sweetners effect me and my mother.
Burger King cola (I have not been to either for a little while apart from BK yesterday) seems to be ok with me, but McDonalds seems to have some sweetner or something in it even though they say they don't. My throat starts to close which is what happens with artificial sweetners. I feel victimized with the sugar tax. Why not artificial sweetner tax too? Since the sugar tax almost all fizzy drinks in the shops now contain artificial sweetners, as do other drinks one does not expect. I can't even have Ribena any more ans now it has sweetner.
I rather drink water than diet drinks cuz I don't care for the taste but I haven't noticed artificial sweetners messing with me. I heard others complain about having issues with them thou. However my mom usually adds them to certain drinks which could be fairly often & she hasn't noticed any issues. I'm sure different people can be effected differently by them. I usually get a nondiet soda when eating out instead of other drinks cuz I like the caffeine(especially when I'm out cuz being out can be draining) & I don't like coffee. I much rather soda in cans or in bottles than those fountain drinks but the majority of places have the fountain drinks so I get em.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2019, 11:50 am

Wolfram87 wrote:

They're both real meat. They might not use high quality meat but to insist they don't use meat at all is just foolish.

Can I get some McFries and a Whopper? :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2019, 1:43 pm

Can I be petty and say neither? I prefer Hesburger. :lol: