Do some women prefer violent men ?

Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 7:16 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Numerous studies where testosterone were given to men did not find any link between that an aggression. I'm a former steroid user and it never made me aggressive in any way whatsoever.

Did it shrink your testes? I heard that that can be a side effect.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 8:14 pm

I'm tired of rhetoric that suggests women secretly enjoy violence.

Perhaps we should switch it up:
Do some men prefer violent women? Think of Lorena Bobbitt or Fatal Attraction ...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 12:25 am

Quote:
Do some men prefer violent women? Think of Lorena Bobbitt or Fatal Attraction .

I don't think any man would fantasize to have his penis being cut :P.

There's a fine line between aggressiveness and violence.

The male gender of the human species have been wreaking death and destruction throughout the ages, even when it was considered noble/necessary.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 2:26 am

Kurgan wrote:
- Society tells girls it's not OK to release your anger. Dating a wannabe gangster who talks big (but would s**t his pants if things got dangerous) is a good plan B
- Music videos, reality shows and teenage movies tell them that this is cool

In the NT world extroverted teenage/20 something girls look for attention and a good time so boyfriends are just fun companions who accentuate their status/appearance to other girls. Nothing serious. So dangerous bad boys on motorbikes or pickup trucks are bit of fun but they are certainly not looking for violent.

When they hit 30 they want to lock in a man but their requirements are somebody who looks like Brad Pitt, earns as much as Bill Gates and has the cleanliness of Jesus Christ. When they can't find their ideal they compromise down until they find the lowest common denominator.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 5:03 am

Magna wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
Numerous studies where testosterone were given to men did not find any link between that an aggression. I'm a former steroid user and it never made me aggressive in any way whatsoever.

Did it shrink your testes? I heard that that can be a side effect.

Yes, but that side effect is reversible.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 6:37 am

Eww

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 6:58 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm tired of rhetoric that suggests women secretly enjoy violence.

Perhaps we should switch it up:
Do some men prefer violent women? Think of Lorena Bobbitt or Fatal Attraction ...

I think definitely.

Here in the UK soaps are always trying to attract male viewers.

There is a general moral rule in soaps. No murderers get to stick around. Justice is done, either the murderer dies or the murderer is sent to prison.

Tracy Barlow who was physically attractive, young at the time and known at the time for going about in red crop tops and denim short shorts killed her boyfriend Charlie Stubbs. It wasn't manslaughter. She plotted to kill him in cold blood over months and months of planning and placing clues to make it look like self defence. Then she did a lap dance to subdue him and whacked him over the head with a heavy metal ornament. Not because he was abusing her (as she made out by self harm) but because he was cheating on her.

Anyway, she went to prison for 2 years before they brought her back because she was such a popular figure with male viewers... Normally murderers are sent to prison and never seen again. She's still on the soap over 10 years later and it gets joked about.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 7:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
- Society tells girls it's not OK to release your anger. Dating a wannabe gangster who talks big (but would s**t his pants if things got dangerous) is a good plan B

In the NT world extroverted teenage/20 something girls look for attention and a good time so boyfriends are just fun companions who accentuate their status/appearance to other girls. Nothing serious. So dangerous bad boys on motorbikes or pickup trucks are bit of fun but they are certainly not looking for violent.

When they hit 30 they want to lock in a man but their requirements are somebody who looks like Brad Pitt, earns as much as Bill Gates and has the cleanliness of Jesus Christ. When they can't find their ideal they compromise down until they find the lowest common denominator.

Don't forget that the man isn't allowed to build a body like a young Brad Pitt in the gym. He has to build that physique by working as a policeman, a firefighter or a farmer (despite being as rich as Bill Gates). :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 10:32 am

Kurgan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Don't forget that the man isn't allowed to build a body like a young Brad Pitt in the gym. He has to build that physique by working as a policeman, a firefighter or a farmer (despite being as rich as Bill Gates). :D

Did the women in your life knew you're taking steroids , or they really believed you acquired a toned body via natural means?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 11:53 am

I've done okay despite not even coming close to resembling a muscle man.....

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 12:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

This is Wrong Planet's "Love and Dating" where only super-rich body-builders can get dates.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 1:02 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

This is Wrong Planet's "Love and Dating" where only super-rich body-builders can get dates.

For this how could he dare ... 8O :?

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 1:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Did the women in your life knew you're taking steroids , or they really believed you acquired a toned body via natural means?

No, my girlfriend didn't notice. I started dating her two months after I started pinning, so to speak (and for the records: The family jewels did not shrink that much). I was never a hardcore bodybuilder, due to the fact that I was only on the relatively mild Testosterone Enanthate and Deca. I looked more like a heavyweight boxer than a bodybuilder (and people think that's achievable naturally after a few years). I'm still pretty jacked today; only noticable difference since back then are my side deltoids.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 1:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I suspect that has something to do with your platonic friend policy - quality not quantity.

Unless you mean hooking up with a lot of women for one night stands, then iirc you weren't bad looking in your youth though? There are multiple types of aesthetically attractive man even if we're being absolutely shallow about this.

Some of us don't like the muscle man type that much esp if they're rugged thug types.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 2:34 pm

I wouldn't say I "hooked up" with a lot of women. A few.

There was one, when I was 21, who needed me as a "substitute" for her husband who was on a trip somewhere---why I went along is a mystery to me. She was a nice woman; she was just one of those from the 1970s to very early 80s who were into "free love." It didn't end too well for me in any way, shape, or form.

From the late 80s onward, my relationships tended to last years.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 11:04 am

I think young teenagers might be into that but anyone over the age of 25 rolling that way might be a bit brain dead ...