Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 3:51 pm

This'll be great for democracy...

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 4:38 pm

Interesting.

And also I might see what other videos this guy has.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 4:51 pm

The other side of the coin.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 7:24 pm

Well, we can't let the military have all the fun with the drones, can we? f**k that s**t!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 9:07 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Well, we can't let the military have all the fun with the drones, can we? f**k that s**t!

Y'know, some I just see this turning into the real quite valid excuse to turn Brave New World into 1984.

If we want anything that looks anything like liberal democracy - even in mere appearances - they're going to need to make drones illegal. They're going to have to take drones and drone-building as seriously and with just as rapid and seemingly omniscient response as they have to someone cooking LSD in their basement before it even hits the streets.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin