Hate Crime, Hoax, or He said She Said?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 9:41 am

Lawmaker confronts man who allegedly told her to "go back where she came from" - Video
A tearful state legislator Georgia State legislator claims a “white man” in a line in a supermarket told her she was lazy and to go back where she came from. This story received national attention. The guy claimed he called her out for having too many items in an express line and that he is an Hispanic immigrant who is a lifelong Democrat. She said she did not have too many items.

He did not have an obvious accent or last name but who knows.

Assuming this is not a hoax by her and he is not faking his identity this is likely a simple common shopping line dispute that happens where both parties remember things differently. If that is the case it is a sad testament to where America is at in 2019 where it turns into a national political and racism story. If she is creating a fake hate crime or he is faking his identity it its even sadder testament to the place we are in as a country right now.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 10:04 am

A clearly white guy saying, "I am not white. I am not white." :D :D :D

What a loser for calling a 9 month pregnant woman lazy and a son-of-a-beech for having too many items in the checkout.

Of course, he's a lifelong Democrat.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 6:17 pm

Looks pretty white to me, but that's hardly the important part.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 1:53 am

Louis CK Mexican American