Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 4:05 am

My current meds for psych are Vraylar, Latuda, Depakote and Trazodone.

Is the two name-brand, and horribly expensive to my insurance aytypical antipsychotics really necessary...

I was happy on Zoloft but my doc took it away for "hypomania" now I'm downright depressed again...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 4:23 am

hello Angnix :flower: there are cheaper alternatives to Vraylar and Latuda but they have more side fx, your doctor knows of them, couldn't hurt to ask him or her about them.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 7:28 am

Some articles claim that drug manufacturers sometimes pay doctors $$$ as commission

Financial incentive to overprescribe

I don't have the authority to make them stop

I don't have the $$$ to bribe doctors

Thus I am completely fragile and vulnerable

"Might makes right"

travelerrr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2019, 11:48 am

umm find another doc?

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 1:55 pm

Could you still be in withdrawal?

When I took medication, my dr and I mutually agreed I was VERY sensitive to it, so we mostly settled on brand name meds and for me used lowest "clinical" dosage. My dr had to adjust my "cocktail" with seasons or circumstances. That said, my BFF found a good combination and sticks to it, no changes hardly ever. Ask your dr about types and dosages... IMHO a great dr will answer these questions kindly and thoroughly. A good dr will do one or the other. :wink:

Withdrawal from some meds was awful for me, but did pass.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 2:00 pm

I did best on Zoloft 25 mg for PTSD, but they upped me in increments to 200 mg which zombified me. I tapered back to 25 mg which was my sweet spot. Likewise with other meds, I usually need the lowest possible dose and even then I cut them in half or just nibble the corner from a tab. I think we're all very sensitive to medication and need lower doses than doctors realise.