Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 6:20 am

Whites in Brazil are just short of a majority.

Quote:
The World Factbook demographic statistics
The following demographic statistics are from The World Factbook, unless otherwise indicated [105]

Ethnic groups
European 47.7%
Caboclo, Mestizo, Castizo 22.3%
Mulatto, Quadroon, Octoroon 20.1%
African 7.6%
Asian 1.1%
Indigenous 0.4%
Gypsy 0.4%
Eurasian, Hafu 0.3%

If Brazilian nationalism means "whites of Portuguese heritage control everything", then those of that persuasion need to consider that there have been many presidents of other nationalities.

Juscelino Kubitschek (a national hero) -- Czech
Emílio Garrastazu Médici -- Italian and Basque
Ernesto Geisel -- German
Itamar Franco -- Italian
Dilma Rousseff -- Bulgarian
Michel Temer -- Lebanese

and last but not least -- Jair Bolsonaro himself -- Italian

But, that said, I don't know how his supporters define nationalism.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 9:31 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
They "appear" to use the swastika symbol? Maybe I overlooked it but I did not see the word "swastika(s)" anywhere in the second article. I did however see the word "fringe".

Let me help you out Ezra
Bolsonaro supporters, according to the Brazilian Agência de Jornalismo Investigativo have been responsible for fifty acts of political violence since September 30.

Notable instances include a PT supporter having a swastika carved into her by Bolsonaro supporters, as well as a capoeira instructor being stabbed to death by a Bolsonaro supporter, and female journalists being threatened with rape.

Sound like Trump supporters don't they...no wonder they bought a tear to the eye of David Duke and Steve Bannon...

Yeah I found that after I went from phone to computer. The line about the stabbing was a hyperlink that went to an article that did not mention it. Is this the only source about it that you can find? Because so far it just comes off as hearsay.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 12:36 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I think it's very insulting to compare Abe Lincoln, the man who abolished slavery, to a stupid RACIST as*hole who has brought back the use of internment camps. :roll:

He was a white supremacist.

You are taking virtue signalling to an extreme there

Aww you think I care? I am making to liberals who crow about racist white people all day but love Lincoln who was a racist white person. But everyone was racist back then.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 1:12 pm

With the virtue signalling you now espouse it seems you are now their equal. You'll be looking to tear down memorials next.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 1:24 pm

A mod just closed down my thread and warned me but you get away with following me around the site to launch personal attacks. Interesting standards.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 2:01 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
A mod just closed down my thread and warned me but you get away with following me around the site to launch personal attacks. Interesting standards.

I saw that. A certain member whined that you were "gas-lighting" and spreading "disinformation" in the WP Discussion forum. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 2:16 pm

I could

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 2:43 pm

Those still pushing the Russiagate hoax are helping Trump now that Mueller has been exposed. The people around Trump are pushing for war with Iran which would open the gates of hell but STILL there is focus on a debunked fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 2:47 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I think it's very insulting to compare Abe Lincoln, the man who abolished slavery, to a stupid RACIST as*hole who has brought back the use of internment camps. :roll:

I am making to liberals who crow about racist white people all day but love Lincoln who was a racist white person.

Is it because "Honest Abe" was native to Kentucky or something else? What problems do you have with the history of the United States?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 2:50 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I saw that. A certain member whined that you were "gas-lighting" and spreading "disinformation" in the WP Discussion forum. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes!

There is a predilection for making presumptions and accusations against others. There was an old school here who did that a lot. The accusation of gas-lighting was made often.

Instead of arguing the topic it gets turned into personal accusations of 'you are this and you are doing that' while playing the victim and no doubt frantically clicking the report button.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 3:28 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I am making to liberals who crow about racist white people all day but love Lincoln who was a racist white person.

Is it because "Honest Abe" was native to Kentucky or something else? What problems do you have with the history of the United States?

It's cause he was the original neocon

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 5:18 pm

Boris believes he's not getting enough attention in this thread.

There Are Four Lights!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 5:33 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It's cause he was the original neocon

How so? What is your logic?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 6:15 pm

https://www.ancreport.com/blog/american ... d-results/