Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 11:33 am

They have gotten their own Donald Trump. They look so much a like and dress very similar.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 11:53 am

League_Girl wrote:
They have gotten their own Donald Trump. They look so much a like and dress very similar.

Synchronicity, I suppose. Let's hope another one doesn't pop up somewhere.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 1:54 am

Even the Brazilians voted a far right leader...pretty dumb given he openly represents white Brazilians.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 3:42 am

White Brazilians eh? You are taking it to a new level. They probably just want a better economy.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 3:57 am

cyberdad wrote:
Even the Brazilians voted a far right leader...pretty dumb given he openly represents white Brazilians.

I mean, aren't whites a minority in Brazil? Surely it's good to have a president that's concerned with minority rights?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 4:59 am

That's what I'm saying...the world's gone nuts, even brown skinned Brazilians are voting in white supremacists
https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Bra ... -0017.html
https://thinkprogress.org/bolsonaro-sup ... 58b98cf9b/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 5:07 am

David Duke also endorsed Tulsi Gabbard. I had no idea she was a nazi. Because of course if David Duke or Richard Spencer endorses someone that automatically makes them one.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 5:15 am

Bolsanaro's supporters appear to use the swastika symbol...read the second article

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 8:01 am

Brazil is “minority-majority”—but they’ve never had a dark-skinned president.

There’s a hierarchy there based on skin color...though even dark-skinned people deny this.

South Africa, on the other hand, hasn’t had a white president since 1994.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 8:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
Bolsanaro's supporters appear to use the swastika symbol...read the second article

They "appear" to use the swastika symbol? Maybe I overlooked it but I did not see the word "swastika(s)" anywhere in the second article. I did however see the word "fringe".

And as I figured ahead of time, "ThinkProgress bias rating is Left."

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/thinkprogress-bias

Edit: okay now that I'm on my computer I did a word search and found "Notable instances include a PT supporter having a swastika carved into her by Bolsonaro supporters" which was written as a hyperlink, but in the article that took me to I did not find either "swastika" or "carved" using ctrl+F. A lot of times these things end up having to open up one link after another which makes me wonder if it is click-bait.

So at this point that just comes off as hearsay.

Last edited by EzraS on 25 Jul 2019, 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 9:25 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

They "appear" to use the swastika symbol? Maybe I overlooked it but I did not see the word "swastika(s)" anywhere in the second article. I did however see the word "fringe".

And as I figured ahead of time, "ThinkProgress bias rating is Left."

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/thinkprogress-bias

...That's true, but when I followed the link I saw that that site, at the top, goes on about " media bias and fake news " 8O. The use of those two phrases is a clear signal that they are coming from a strong conservative, or " Right ", perspective. For all their calling themselves " All Sides. ", they almost certainy will do very little if any real analysis of conservative-leaning outlets.
I never even heard the phrase " fake news ' thrown around till the Trump era. Trump uses it to put out anything he doesn't like in the press - and Trump lies endlessly, all the time, though you may disagree with me on that :x.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 9:38 am

Boris Johnson is no Boris Spassky----that's for sure! :P

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 9:40 am

I am not out to call biased news fake, but it I feel like what I'm reading is a biased rant.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 9:48 am

EzraS wrote:
I am not out to call biased news fake, but it I feel like what I'm reading is a biased rant.

...What you're reading where? What are you referring to?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 1:04 am

JohnPowell wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I think it's very insulting to compare Abe Lincoln, the man who abolished slavery, to a stupid RACIST as*hole who has brought back the use of internment camps. :roll:

He was a white supremacist.

You are taking virtue signalling to an extreme there

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 1:58 am

EzraS wrote:

Let me help you out Ezra
Bolsonaro supporters, according to the Brazilian Agência de Jornalismo Investigativo have been responsible for fifty acts of political violence since September 30.

Notable instances include a PT supporter having a swastika carved into her by Bolsonaro supporters, as well as a capoeira instructor being stabbed to death by a Bolsonaro supporter, and female journalists being threatened with rape.

Sound like Trump supporters don't they...no wonder they bought a tear to the eye of David Duke and Steve Bannon...