Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jul 2019, 7:52 am

Has anybody tried the Keto Diet, or have info to pass on, because I just got my Trial Size, which I ordered in a moment of insanity. Should I cancel immediately? Should I try the Diet? Did you try, what happened, how did you feel?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 8:22 am

Keto works very well once you are into the swing of it, and your carb cravings pass.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 8:28 am

I tried the Adkins diet which is similar to the Keto diet. I found it helpful. I lost weight. My blood sugar levels went down and also my blood pressure. I never felt hungry on the diet. Even today I practice some elements of Keto. The only problem I had with it was staying on it. After a month or two I lost interest.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jul 2019, 8:37 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Keto works very well once you are into the swing of it, and your carb cravings pass.

Please don't.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jul 2019, 8:40 am

jimmy m wrote:
I tried the Adkins diet which is similar to the Keto diet. I found it helpful. I lost weight. My blood sugar levels went down and also my blood pressure. I never felt hungry on the diet. Even today I practice some elements of Keto. The only problem I had with it was staying on it. After a month or two I lost interest.

My brother had tremendous success with Atkins but he's a carnivore.
I'm veg, won't even eat eggs.
I felt awful on Atkins, and Bro felt (and looked) like a million bucks.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 10:36 am

Claradoon wrote:
My brother had tremendous success with Atkins but he's a carnivore.
I'm veg, won't even eat eggs.
I felt awful on Atkins, and Bro felt (and looked) like a million bucks.

I am probably more like your brother. I tried a low fat diet and my hunger went off the charts. So did my blood pressure and blood sugar levels.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 10:39 am

I wouldn't recommend any one "diet" unequivocally to anybody. I would encourage the person to research each diet thoroughly....and to have a "trial run" before fully committing to any diet.

And...of course....consulting a doctor or nutritionist (or both) is essential.

A "Paleo" diet, say, might work wonders for one person---but might be disastrous for another. Similar to how one "autism treatment" might benefit someone, but might be disastrous for another person.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 11:05 am

Claradoon wrote:
Has anybody tried the Keto Diet, or have info to pass on, because I just got my Trial Size, which I ordered in a moment of insanity. Should I cancel immediately? Should I try the Diet? Did you try, what happened, how did you feel?

It depends what your goals are. I tried it when I went gluten-free - after the incipient "keto flue" I felt fantastic, had a lot more energy and no more swelling in my joints.

But I don't think it's a good idea if you vegetarian, it's a great diet for meat and eggs lovers and you need a lot of protein to feel good on it.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jul 2019, 1:41 pm

I'm finding books of recipes for vegan keto, but the amount of cooking is horrendous. I hate cooking. For example just now I reached into the fridge for cherries and I didn't need to plan that. I'd like to have a lot of 'grabbable' food that would add up correctly. Oh dear. This would be like the olden days - cooking and freezing. Not to mention paring and chopping.

And now I've got this sample of Keto Formula Ingredient Science pills. You know? The one that all the big-timers on TV bought into? Of course that only means they were sure they could sell it.

But for my age and weight, I gotta do something. Like win a lottery and hire a cook.