Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Evacony
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2019, 11:02 am

Do you prefer traveling by flight or road trip?

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 11:41 am

Automobiles are more fun! My last flight was so cramped that I was sitting upright the whole time (not a problem) with the top of my straw boater pressed firmly against the base of the overhead compartment (was a problem.) Upon landing I took off my hat and saw my reflection in a window. The extended compression over several airborne hours had moulded my hair to the shape of the inside of my hat.

I'm looking at train travel, autos, and buying a traditional rod-brake bicycle for my upcoming gadding about. And while it's still hot weather and therefore boater hat season I am no longer looking like my head was preserved in aspic.

That said, airplanes can be fun at times. Too pricey, though.

Jacosy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jul 2019, 4:02 pm

What can be better than traveling by car? Personally, I like it since my childhood when we traveled a lot with parents. Even if you don't have a car, there are plenty of car rental services. For example, when I traveled across the Europe, I rented a car and visited 5 countries. What a wonderful vacation!

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2019, 7:56 am

To be honest, I like to travel by car. But, only in lower speeds and not on freeways/highways.
I've always been kinda scared of driving a car in a freeway or a highway. While in inner urban city areas, where traffic is more crowded, etc. I was always feeling less nervous during driving. There's also a lot to see around and the ride is more interesting in such situation.
When you drive a car in a simple highway, where most of the surroundings consist of a flat land and a few trees here and there with no buildings or wildlife, it's really boring, in my opinion.
However, the transportation in my country relies heavily on buses - even more than trains and private cars/vehicles. Buses are very popular and there are a tons of bus stops.

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2019, 8:34 am

I have always preferred to travel by car, although going by rail is pleasant too. A necessary and frequent component of my career involved air transportation, and only when expediency was required did I drive. Too many air miles over too many years burn't me out to the point where I avoid traveling by plane like the plague.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2019, 9:36 am

Car. I hate airports, the processing and flight.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 10:19 pm

Traveling by car because I enjoy driving.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 10:44 pm

Car because it's cheaper even if it takes longer. Plus you don't need to pay per person to travel and hotel rooms only charge by room and per night. Plus I can always take a 5 hour energy to stay awake while driving since I tend to get tired.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.