Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 7:25 pm

I have a second interview tomorrow with an AmeriCorps position... But it's like several states away. My husband however doesn't like it because in all likelihood I would have to go by myself if I get the position...

First, based upon my husband's recent behavior and the fact he's supposed to be in long-term care, I want to leave... But my husband highly objects, he's even trying to scare me by saying I would end up hurt, etc...

It's an AmeriCorps position out west, Seattle area, they interviewed me before not long ago for other positions but now they are considering me for something else.

Don't know what to say...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 7:26 pm

If they offer it to you, I would take it.

Your husband hasn't been acting right lately.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 7:30 pm

Do your second interview, and then weigh the pros and cons. See how you feel about the job regardless of your marital concerns. Moving that far would be a big step whether you were married or not, but it could also be a good opportunity.

I know you're going through a lot right now, so remember we're all here for you.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 7:54 pm

It pays a high stipend because of cost of living in that area (2000/month) plus that would not hurt my disability or my husband's, but I know taking on a position is more than just the pay.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020