Research Volunteers Wanted for A Gamified Mobile App Study

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

iuapa
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jul 2019, 1:55 pm

Hello everyone,
I am a public health researcher at Indiana University Bloomington who is seeking research volunteers for a study examining the efficacy of physical activity-promoting mobile apps on increasing physical activity and reducing anxiety among adults with autism spectrum diagnoses (ASD). I would like to kindly invite you to my research team’s study that will help us understand the effects of technology guided physical activity on anxiety symptoms in adults with ASD (IRB approved 1807483245).

* You may be eligible to participate if you
(1) have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder by a medical professional,
(2) have been diagnosed with a co-occurring anxiety disorder or self-identified as having anxiety symptoms,
(3) are aged between 18 and 60 years,
(4) have regular access to a smartphone (Android 4.4+ operating system),
(5) are able to ambulate without an assistive device (ex: wheelchair, crutches, etc.), and
(6) are living in the United States and have no move out plan for the next 3 months.

* If you participate in this study, you will be asked to
(1) wear a motion sensor to measure physical activity for 7 days over 3 different data collection periods (study materials will be mailed to your home),
(2) complete anxiety and physical activity surveys.
(3) install and utilize a physical activity-promoting mobile app and a smartphone usage analysis app, and
(4) return the study materials to the research team by the end of the study participation.

* You will receive a gift card valued at $100 after completing a 2-month study participation.

If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact:
Indiana University Adapted Physical Activity Research Team at: [removed by moderator]

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Jul 2019, 3:14 pm

Hi, best of luck with your study but for safeguarding reasons we don't allow people to recruit for studies without prior permission from our admin.

Consequently, I have removed the contact details from your posts and locked the threads concerned.