Trump calls Black Neighbourhood Disgusting & rat infested

Page 16 of 19 [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
Trump is trying to kill two birds with one stone.

He's attacking Elijah Cummings but he's also targeting the black residents of Baltimore.

Seems to me the left is targeting the black residents by exploiting them and racism as a propaganda weapon. I didn't come to that conclusion via Fox or Brietbart or any other such source. It is a pattern I picked up on, on my own some time ago. And this is a perfect example of it. I do not think that is what you are doing personally. I think you just got caught up in it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 4:46 am

Does it not seem more constructive to actually have a policy about addressing run down cities like Baltimore or Detroit rather than abusing the towns. How do you think it looks to white residents of Baltimore who voted for a billionaire who s**ts on a gold toilet describes their living space as disgusting and rat infested?

Dave Chappelle was correct on SNL when he amusingly repeated what poor white folks said, standing in line to vote, delusional that Trump would be their "white knight". Not a single federal penny to help run down cities says otherwise.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 5:02 am

Trump threw his son in law under the bus
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... fdb3736c1d

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 5:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
Does it not seem more constructive to actually have a policy about addressing run down cities like Baltimore or Detroit rather than abusing the towns. How do you think it looks to white residents of Baltimore who voted for a billionaire who s**ts on a gold toilet describes their living space as disgusting and rat infested?

Dave Chappelle was correct on SNL when he amusingly repeated what poor white folks said, standing in line to vote, delusional that Trump would be their "white knight". Not a single federal penny to help run down cities says otherwise.

My guess is that like the residents of Seattle, the residents of Baltimore are well aware of and sick of its problems. It has most likely already been complained about in town hall meetings.

And is Chappelle saying federal funding to help run down cities suddenly stopped when Trump took over? Oh wait, since they were already run down before he became president apparently not.

Last edited by EzraS on 01 Aug 2019, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 6:36 am

cyberdad wrote:

I did not see anything about Trump throwing his son in law under the bus. I saw that there was a mouse problem. And that Kushner put a lot of money into fixing problems.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 7:18 am

cyberdad wrote:

Good

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 7:23 am

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Good

Probably, but I did not see that in the article.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 8:50 am

I think this has much less to do with the socioeconomics of Baltimore, than the fact that Cummings is one of the most vocal opponents of Trump, and is a high-ranking member of the Oversight Committee investigating him.

On the topic of conservatism and Republicans, Maryland’s governor, Larry Hogan, is very anti-Trump. I was disappointed when he said we wasn’t going to challenge Trump in the primaries.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 01 Aug 2019, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 11:00 am

“In an analysis of the murder rates done after President Trump criticized Baltimore Rep. Elijah Cummings over the weekend, Baltimore's was reported at 56 per 100,000. The city is on track for 340 murders. By comparison, said the Princeton Policy Advisors analysis, the murder rate in El Salvador was 50, in Guatemala it was 22 and Honduras was 38.”

The bottom line: “That Baltimore's murder rate is higher than the most dangerous countries' in Central America is frankly appalling on many levels, and as someone who grew up in Baltimore, I believe increased accountability is long overdue,” Princeton Policy President Steven Kopits said.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 11:15 am

100 bucks on Steven Kopits getting called a racist.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 1:16 pm

EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Does he refer to anywhere people of colour live as 'infested' like Dear Leader? If not, it's not actually a fair comparison.

From what I recall he said the city was rat infested. Which got turned into a racist attack agaist people of color. The idea that rats only infest people of color seems to be a concept the left came up with.

You've missed the point. The left isn't concerned about where rats live, they're concerned that Donald Trump can't talk about a place where people of colour live without using the word infested. Perhaps within your own head you can pretend that away, but I'm not going to play that game.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 1:25 pm

Trump clarified that he's 'the least racist person' in the world'.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 858853001/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 1:37 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Trump clarified that he's 'the least racist person' in the world'.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 858853001/

I guess that settles it, Dear Leader has spoke. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 2:22 pm

The city of Baltimore received over $1.8 billion from President Barack Obama’s stimulus law, including $467.1 million to invest in education and $26.5 million for crime prevention.

President Obama claimed last Tuesday that if the Republican-controlled Congress would implement his policies to make “massive investments in urban communities,” they could “make a difference right now” in the city, currently in upheaval following the death of Freddie Gray.

However, a Washington Free Beacon analysis found that the Obama administration and Democratically-controlled Congress did make a “massive” investment into Baltimore, appropriating $1,831,768,487 though the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), commonly known as the stimulus.

According to Recovery.gov, one of Baltimore’s central ZIP codes, 21201, received the most stimulus funding in the city, a total of $837,955,866. The amount included funding for 276 awards, and the website reports that the spending had created 290 jobs in the fourth quarter in 2013.

Of this amount, $467.1 million went to education; $206.1 million to the environment; $24 million to “family”; $16.1 million to infrastructure; $15.2 million to transportation; $11.9 million to housing; and $3.1 million to job training.

$467.1 million to education? And what did that get Baltimore?

According to CBS local, absolutely nothing.

The stats are out, and at the bottom of the rankings- Baltimore City Schools.

Where’s the $1.8 BILLION Baltimore Received from Obama

Just throwing money at a problem does not fix the problem. The money must be spent prudently and wisely. It must not go into the hands of corrupt politicians or their friends. Every year rolls around and I have to pay taxes. I don't like doing this. But if there is one thing I hate even more is if that money is wasted. That is because in my eyes that is my money, the money that I was forced to pay toward the government.

So if the Democratic mayor cannot fix this never-ending problem in Baltimore nor its congressional representative Elijah Cummings, then perhaps Trump should get involved and fix the problem.

There is a threat to the U.S. and it is beginning to appear. It is the threat of the Black Death, the bubonic plague. There is a major homeless problem in California. And due to lack of sanitation in homeless encampment, those regions are being invested with rats. During the Black Plague, the flees on rats helped to transmit this deadly plague. The latest news is that several of the rats in Los Angeles are carrying the bubonic plague.

Almost 700 years ago, the Black Death, the Bubonic Plague killed about a third of the entire population of Europe. The disease behind that again, the Bubonic Plague and it came we think from rats. [In Los Angeles] the city is at a tipping point, 1.5 percent of the rats in Los Angeles are now believed to be carrying the plague. If that figure hits two percent, it will start jumping to humans.

Source: Los Angeles reaches a tipping point for the spread of bubonic plague

And rats are not only a problem in Los Angeles but they are endemic in other major cities like Baltimore. So when it appears in Los Angeles, it will also become a problem across the country. So when I look at this problem, I see two things. Firstly there are 3 forms of the Black Death -

Bubonic plague
The most common form of plague is bubonic plague. It’s usually contracted when an infected rodent or flea bites you. In very rare cases, you can get the bacteria from material that has come into contact with an infected person. Bubonic plague infects your lymphatic system (a part of the immune system), causing inflammation in your lymph nodes. Untreated, it can move into the blood (causing septicemic plague) or to the lungs (causing pneumonic plague).

Septicemic plague
When the bacteria enter the bloodstream directly and multiply there, it’s known as septicemic plague. When they’re left untreated, both bubonic and pneumonic plague can lead to septicemic plague.

Pneumonic plague
When the bacteria spread to or first infect the lungs, it’s known as pneumonic plague — the most lethal form of the disease. When someone with pneumonic plague coughs, the bacteria from their lungs are expelled into the air. Other people who breathe that air can also develop this highly contagious form of plague, which can lead to an epidemic.
Pneumonic plague is the only form of the plague that can be transmitted from person to person.

The pneumonic form is invariably fatal unless treated early. It is especially contagious and can trigger severe epidemics through person-to-person contact via droplets in the air. So that unless the bubonic plague is caught early it will transition to the pneumonic plague and spread across the city and the nation. The second point is that Antibiotics can treat the condition but and this is a big but; many forms of diseases are and have become antibiotic resistant. In 1996, two drug-resistant strains of plague were isolated from Madagascar. One of these, was completely resistant to all the drugs that are used to control outbreaks.

So from my perspective the threat is a major outbreak of the bubonic plague that has evolved to resist all forms of antibiotics that infects individuals who develop pneumonic plague that spread it across the nation and the world causing a major pandemic.

Should Trump take on the rat infestations in Baltimore? The problems are not localized to just Baltimore but many major cities. It threatens the entire nation. The cause of the rat infestation goes beyond one location and has it root into the homeless problems, the mental health problems and the illegal drug problems within the U.S.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 9:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Does he refer to anywhere people of colour live as 'infested' like Dear Leader? If not, it's not actually a fair comparison.

From what I recall he said the city was rat infested. Which got turned into a racist attack agaist people of color. The idea that rats only infest people of color seems to be a concept the left came up with.

You've missed the point. The left isn't concerned about where rats live, they're concerned that Donald Trump can't talk about a place where people of colour live without using the word infested. Perhaps within your own head you can pretend that away, but I'm not going to play that game.

I am not among those making stuff up and playing games. Perhaps I see things clearly because I am not plugged in to a partisan propaganda machine. My guess is same folks have that s*** playing while they sleep.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 9:06 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I did not see anything about Trump throwing his son in law under the bus. I saw that there was a mouse problem. And that Kushner put a lot of money into fixing problems.

Well, he certainly has to now that it's hit the media.