Trump calls Black Neighbourhood Disgusting & rat infested

Page 17 of 19 [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 9:06 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Trump threw his son in law under the bus
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... fdb3736c1d

I did not see anything about Trump throwing his son in law under the bus. I saw that there was a mouse problem. And that Kushner put a lot of money into fixing problems.

Well, he certainly has to now that it's hit the media.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 9:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I did not see anything about Trump throwing his son in law under the bus. I saw that there was a mouse problem. And that Kushner put a lot of money into fixing problems.

Oh now I get it, he inadvertently threw him under the bus. Of course that depends on actual facts vs partisan propaganda spins. Of course that has necessitated that they themselves will have to go on and on about how Baltimore is full of rat infested slums... after condemning that being said. Just like they put themselves in the position of having to say over and over that Latin American countries are full of gangs, murderers and rapists... after condemning that being said.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 10:23 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Oh now I get it, he inadvertently threw him under the bus. Of course that depends on actual facts vs partisan propaganda spins. Of course that has necessitated that they themselves will have to go on and on about how Baltimore is full of rat infested slums... after condemning that being said. Just like they put themselves in the position of having to say over and over that Latin American countries are full of gangs, murderers and rapists... after condemning that being said.

Why not also condemn the scumbag slumlord for doing nothing about deplorable conditions in Baltimore?
This is the exact same situation as Trump choosing scumbags and thieves like Cohen and Manafort to fill his administrations posts. The only difference here is that this particular scumbag is his son-in-law. I don't recall Obama having so much problems with his choices in filling posts.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 10:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Why not also condemn the scumbag slumlord for doing nothing about deplorable conditions in Baltimore?
This is the exact same situation as Trump choosing scumbags and thieves like Cohen and Manafort to fill his administrations posts. The only difference here is that this particular scumbag is his son-in-law. I don't recall Obama having so much problems with his choices in filling posts.

There you go, first they condemn Trump as racist for saying the living conditions in Baltimore are deplorable as an attack on black residents when he went after Cummings. And now those same people are saying virtually the same exact things to go after Trump via his son-in-law.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 10:37 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

There you go, first they condemn Trump as racist for saying the living conditions in Baltimore are deplorable as an attack on black residents when he went after Cummings. And now those same people are saying virtually the same exact things to go after Trump via his son-in-law.

What's important here is context.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 11:05 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

As a landlord, Kushner has a responsibility to make conditions livable in his properties. Slums neglected by the owners are a major problem in poverty stricken areas, much more than political leaders who do not own said slums.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 11:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

As a landlord, Kushner has a responsibility to make conditions livable in his properties. Slums neglected by the owners are a major problem in poverty stricken areas, much more than political leaders who do not own said slums.

But no, conservatives are going to keep thinking it's merely a matter of propriety, and strip the two statements from any context at all, while playing dumb on the subtext.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 11:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I do not think there is any way of getting around the fact that they claimed that saying Baltimore is a rat infested mess is a racist attack on its black residents, and then turning around and saying the properties in Baltimore are a rat infested mess.

Whether saying that is directed at Cummings or Kushner, no matter who is more responsible for it, no matter who is to blame for it, it is still them saying the same exact thing that they said was a racist attack on the black residents of Baltimore.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 12:16 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I do not think there is any way of getting around the fact that they claimed that saying Baltimore is a rat infested mess is a racist attack on its black residents, and then turning around and saying the properties in Baltimore are a rat infested mess.

Whether saying that is directed at Cummings or Kushner, no matter who is more responsible for it, no matter who is to blame for it, it is still them saying the same exact thing that they said was a racist attack on the black residents of Baltimore.

To say the people of parts of Baltimore need help is one thing, it's quite another to use that to criticize Cummings and his constituents.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 12:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

To say the people of parts of Baltimore need help is one thing, it's quite another to use that to criticize Cummings and his constituents.

Once again, whether saying it is directed at Cummings and co or Kushner and co, it is still them saying the same exact thing that they said was a racist attack on the black residents of Baltimore.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 12:41 am

EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Does he refer to anywhere people of colour live as 'infested' like Dear Leader? If not, it's not actually a fair comparison.

From what I recall he said the city was rat infested. Which got turned into a racist attack agaist people of color. The idea that rats only infest people of color seems to be a concept the left came up with.

You've missed the point. The left isn't concerned about where rats live, they're concerned that Donald Trump can't talk about a place where people of colour live without using the word infested. Perhaps within your own head you can pretend that away, but I'm not going to play that game.

I am not among those making stuff up and playing games. Perhaps I see things clearly because I am not plugged in to a partisan propaganda machine. My guess is same folks have that s*** playing while they sleep.

You can deny that you're playing games, but that doesn't mean that you're not playing games. It must be nice to ignore context whenever it's convenient to the point you're attempting to make, but I'm still not playing your game. I'll call a spade a spade; you can pretend it's a club but that won't make it cease to be a spade.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 12:55 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Once again, whether saying it is directed at Cummings and co or Kushner and co, it is still them saying the same exact thing that they said was a racist attack on the black residents of Baltimore.

The difference is context. Cummings is a civil rights champion, whereas Trump has a history of racial bigotry, so it's not the same.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 1:13 am

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Does he refer to anywhere people of colour live as 'infested' like Dear Leader? If not, it's not actually a fair comparison.

From what I recall he said the city was rat infested. Which got turned into a racist attack agaist people of color. The idea that rats only infest people of color seems to be a concept the left came up with.

You've missed the point. The left isn't concerned about where rats live, they're concerned that Donald Trump can't talk about a place where people of colour live without using the word infested. Perhaps within your own head you can pretend that away, but I'm not going to play that game.

I am not among those making stuff up and playing games. Perhaps I see things clearly because I am not plugged in to a partisan propaganda machine. My guess is same folks have that s*** playing while they sleep.

You can deny that you're playing games, but that doesn't mean that you're not playing games. It must be nice to ignore context whenever it's convenient to the point you're attempting to make, but I'm still not playing your game. I'll call a spade a spade; you can pretend it's a club but that won't make it cease to be a spade.

This is what has been happening.

Trump talks about the gangs, murderers and rapists in Latin America and that is purposely taken out of context by them as a racist attack on all the brown people of Latin America.

Trump says Baltimore is a rat infested mess and that is purposely taken out of context by them as a racist attack on all the black residents.

So you are right, things are purposely taken out of context to play the propaganda game. The fact that they say the same exact things they claim are racists attacks goes to show that their accusations are nonsense.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 1:22 am

EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Trump talks about the gangs, murderers and rapists in Latin America and that is purposely taken out of context by them as a racist attack on all the brown people of Latin America.

Trump says Baltimore is a rat infested mess and that is purposely taken out of context by them as a racist attack on all the black residents.

So you are right, things are purposely taken out of context to play the propaganda game. The fact that they say the same exact things they claim are racists attacks goes to show that their accusations are nonsense.

Yet again you're ignoring the context.

Trump has a long history of race baiting and supporting racism. The Central Park 5 and his own troubles related to refusing to rent to black renters are only two of the better known examples.

The way Trump phrased his 'they're not sending us their best' rant made it sound like he was commenting on everyone who arrives in America from Central America, you can convince yourself otherwise, but you're still failing to convince anyone who isn't in the pro-Trump camp.

Trump can't seem to resist to lob insults at people of colour and where they live. You're choosing to ignore this context when you insist it's no different when he describes the neighbourhood in insulting terms compared to when residents of the neighbourhood point out problems within it.

If this is all the argument you have, just concede you don't have one and move on to an argument that you might actually win.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 1:38 am

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Yet again you're ignoring the context.

Trump has a long history of race baiting and supporting racism. The Central Park 5 and his own troubles related to refusing to rent to black renters are only two of the better known examples.

The way Trump phrased his 'they're not sending us their best' rant made it sound like he was commenting on everyone who arrives in America from Central America, you can convince yourself otherwise, but you're still failing to convince anyone who isn't in the pro-Trump camp.

Trump can't seem to resist to lob insults at people of colour and where they live. You're choosing to ignore this context when you insist it's no different when he describes the neighbourhood in insulting terms compared to when residents of the neighbourhood point out problems within it.

If this is all the argument you have, just concede you don't have one and move on to an argument that you might actually win.

Him saying they're not sending us their best indicates that he thinks there is a best that exists. If he were saying they are all bad, then there would be no best people for him to refer to.

Funny how those talking about context do not seem to know how to apply it.

funeralxempire wrote:

Pot and kettle.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 1:48 am

EzraS wrote:

Him saying they're not sending us their best indicates that he thinks there is a best that exists. If he were saying they are all bad, then there would be no best people for him to refer to.

Funny how those talking about context do not seem to know how to apply it.

Really? You insist on taking every thing he's said in a vacuum as though this obvious pattern doesn't emerge. Maybe everyone from Central America who's being kept in concentration camps is really a murderer or rapist who needs locked up, but I doubt it.

I know you're deeply invested in defending the indefensible no matter how weak the argument you're relying on is, but unless you've got a new, more compelling argument I'll let you bray and mess the room up while continuing to fail at advance your case.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う