cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 5:04 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
[
These reasons and suspected gang related mass shootings in such neighborhoods do not seem to cause as much reaction as random or white supremacist mass shootings.

The reasons are obvious aren't they....black lives don't matter....

Not when they are killed by fellow blacks. If a white guy in Nazi regalia did the shooting it would matter (It is not likely a white guy in Nazi regalia would get to the party in that neighborhood, but you get the point)

No my point is that even when a black man kills another black person it barely ever raises a ripple in the white media. That's what I mean't by black lives don't matter (at least to a republican white audience).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 12:03 pm

Let me guess, the shooter is going to say he's on the spectrum. :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 12:12 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Let me guess, the shooter is going to say he's on the spectrum.
Not likely. He's dead.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 1:43 pm

And yet another one
2 killed in shooting at Mississippi Walmart; suspect, a former employee, in custody

Quote:
Two people were killed Tuesday in a shooting at a Mississippi Walmart in Southaven, and a suspect who is a former employee was in custody, Southaven Police Chief Macon Moore said.

During a press conference held midmorning, Moore said the suspect was shot when two officers confronted him, and they exchanged fire. The suspect is undergoing surgery at a local hospital.

A police officer was injured and taken to the hospital but is expected to be OK. The officer was hit in his bulletproof vest and not seriously hurt, according to Moore.

Both victims are reported to be Walmart employees; one was found dead in the store and another dead in the parking lot. DeSoto County Sheriff Bill Rasco said the shooter was an employee until Monday.

Police told reporters the first officers arrived on the scene at 6:36 a.m, just three minutes after initial calls came in. Two officers encountered the suspect outside, which is when the police officer was shot. There were about 60 employees inside the store when officers arrived; police were also getting reports of a fire that had been set inside the store. Just two weeks ago, Moore said, Southhaven police participated in active shooter response training, which undoubtedly helped them Tuesday morning

Mississippi Walmart Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
Quote:
Local Memphis reports that the suspect is being treated at Regional Medical Center. His condition is unknown at the time of writing. WREG reports that the suspect was shot twice by responding officers.

The station went on to report that the suspect had been suspended on July 29 for allegedly pulling a knife on a customer.

WREG’s Jerrita Patterson reports that the deceased person is a manager of the store who was shot in the head. Patterson later reported that employees of the store told her that the suspect is a “disgruntled employee,” this has not been confirmed by authorities.

Local24’S Jalyn Souchek reports, citing an employee, said that the suspect had worked there for 25 years until he was fired recently. That employee said that two people had been killed, both Walmart employees. One witness, Phil Cox, told the Commercial Appeal that he thought the suspect “was going after employees.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 1:54 pm

Disgruntled ex-employees ... disenfranchised teenagers ... fascist wannabes ... incels and mgtows ... isn't there some kind of profiling system that could put a spotlight on people like these?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 3:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Let me guess, the shooter is going to say he's on the spectrum.
Not likely. He's dead.

Yeah but his family or whoever he knew will probably say he had an ASD. :roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 5:17 pm

Garlic Festival suspected shooter came from prominent local family

Quote:
The 19-year-old who police say opened fire at a food festival in a small Californian town hailed from a well-known family in the agricultural community.

He spent some of his teenage years attending school in Watsonville, California, which is about a 30-minute drive from Gilroy, where the festival was held.

The administrators of Monte Vista Christian School released a statement to local ABC station KABC, sharing their "deepest condolences" and confirming the alleged shooter's connection to their school.

In the statement, they confirmed that "the alleged perpetrator attended our school from Fall 2013 until Spring 2016 for his freshman through junior years of high school. At that time, he transferred to Gilroy High School."

His time after high school is less certain. Records say he was living in Walker Lake, Nevada, but authorities told reporters investigators are not yet certain if, at the time of the shooting,

His family has roots in the area, and his grandfather was a local official. Tom Legan, the suspected shooter’s now-deceased grandfather, was on the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors in the 1980s. While in his second term in the position, he was tried and acquitted of molesting his elder daughter, and maintained his innocence throughout the case. According to a 2012 article in The Mercury News, he remained in his seat during the case but lost his 1988 reelection bid four days after his acquittal.

Tom Legan died in 2018, according to his obituary, and had served as a nuclear weapons officer in Korea while in the military. The obituary notes that he was confined to a wheelchair in 2002 as a result of traffic related injuries.

The suspected shooter’s father, who is also named Tom LeGan but appears to use an alternate capitalization, is a runner who has has competed in a World Masters Championship and other races, according to MastersTrack.com.

Santino Legan and his brothers reportedly took up boxing. Local reports state he and his brothers, including his brother Rosino LeGan who attended Santa Clara University, sparred together and trained at a local athletic facility as well as likely using the amateur boxing arena built in the family's garage, according to an article in the local newspaper, the Gilroy Dispatch, about his brother's boxing career.

Investigators are looking into not only the suspected shooter's upbringing, but his mental state and social media postings for any possible indication of a motive.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 7:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
Disgruntled ex-employees ... disenfranchised teenagers ... fascist wannabes ... incels and mgtows ... isn't there some kind of profiling system that could put a spotlight on people like these?

The rules don't apply to them, don't ya know.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits