Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:24 am

Both my stepdaughter and one of my granddaughters have said I've lost weight. I 've bought suspenders to avoid keep hitching my trousers up when my stepdaughter takes me shopping. The trouble is despite my best efforts, I can't put them on without them being twisted. My stepdaughter sorts them out for me.

This raises the issue of going out otherwise. Do I go out with twisted suspenders knowing there'll be people thinking "Look at him with twisted suspenders,he must be simple " ?

Someone has said just to buy smaller trousers. The problem - the cost of having to buy more trousers again as I lose more weight.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:34 am

Personally I use an elasticated belt... but I have managed to get that twisted sometimes... heh! heh!

Probably a good idea to wear them untwisted, no point making yourself a target if you can avoid it. You may be able to evolve a way to get them on without twisting... but I don't have any ideas. Maybe have them hanging from a coat hanger and climb into them from below... Wallace and Gromit style.

One of my big problems is organising those little dobbly things that tighten/loosen things like that. I always tighten instead of loosening and vice versa... never can get my head around it.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:53 am

My technique is lay my trousers back end up on the bed. Lay out so It looks untwisted. Put back clips on . Put t shirt on . Pull trousers up and tuck t shirt in .Swing over the front parts and clip on .