aspiehearts dating and friendship site (free)

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

beamsplitter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2019, 8:27 am

After much blood, sweat and tears I am pleased to announce the launch of www.aspiehearts.com - the first free to use dating/friendship site for those on the spectrum! aspiehearts allows you to find your perfect match by criteria from age to appearaance, lifestyle to distance. It's quick and easy to set up an account and it's up to you how many details you share. Of course personal contact details like phone and email address will never be shared. Finally I have customized the theme and appearance so it's easy on the eyes. aspiehearts runs on a dedicated server with 2TB of bandwidth so stability should not be a problem.

I know it's early days, but please give it a go if you're interested in meeting people you can relate to. Please let me know if there is anything that needs fixing or changing. I can also add new content if needed.

Thanks for checking it out - I look forward to any feedback - all constructive criticism is welcome! :D

Please note - the website is for those 18 and over.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 9:08 am

Is this website:

1) Entirely free? Not just free to join, but free to browse, AND free to correspond with other members?

2) Do you have to give out your address? I knew of a free one that did and it wigged me out.

beamsplitter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2019, 9:21 am

Yes - All the important functions are entirely free, like being able to chat with whoever you like as much as you like, creating extensive profiles which you can search by many attributes to find a match, and limitless browsing.

You can pay for cosmetic things like making your profile show up higher in the listings or sending virtual gifts but these are not really necessary to enjoy the experience.

And no - your address will be kept private. It can be used for matching purposes but your browser will ask if you would like to share your location which you can decline.

Hope you enjoy!

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 9:32 am

beamsplitter wrote:
And no - your address will be kept private. It can be used for matching purposes but your browser will ask if you would like to share your location which you can decline.

Hope you enjoy!

That didn't answer my question. Do you have to give out your address?

beamsplitter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2019, 9:39 am

Apologies! - no you don't have to give out your address.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 9:50 am

beamsplitter wrote:
Apologies! - no you don't have to give out your address.

Thank you. :D

beamsplitter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2019, 9:30 am

Hi all!

Apologies if you haven't been able to get on - the site has been having some problems due to incorrect nameservers etc. I have now sorted this out so feel free to try again :D

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2019, 9:42 am

I will check it out. Thank-you.

evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Aug 2019, 7:41 pm

How many people are on it? Can you find people within your state?

Lone Replicant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2019, 8:00 pm

beamsplitter wrote:
After much blood, sweat and tears I am pleased to announce the launch of www.aspiehearts.com - the first free to use dating/friendship site for those on the spectrum! aspiehearts allows you to find your perfect match by criteria from age to appearaance, lifestyle to distance. It's quick and easy to set up an account and it's up to you how many details you share. Of course personal contact details like phone and email address will never be shared. Finally I have customized the theme and appearance so it's easy on the eyes. aspiehearts runs on a dedicated server with 2TB of bandwidth so stability should not be a problem.

I know it's early days, but please give it a go if you're interested in meeting people you can relate to. Please let me know if there is anything that needs fixing or changing. I can also add new content if needed.

Thanks for checking it out - I look forward to any feedback - all constructive criticism is welcome! :D

Please note - the website is for those 18 and over.

Good luck with the website!

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 1:53 am

Hopefully this should help because people I meet in person are usually very extroverted.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 2:38 am

Didn't join, but checked it out. It appears the age range is limited from 18 to 37. So I guess anyone 38+ is barred from joining or should lie about their age? Unless it's just my browser that's the problem.

beamsplitter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2019, 6:38 am

ezbzbfcg2 - That's weird - it should let you put any birthday after 1945,, and you can search by ages 18-97. Please could you show me a screenshot of the page with the age limitation? I'll look into it.

Thanks for flagging it up!

beamsplitter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2019, 6:43 am

evilsithwraith666 - There's only 5 users at the moment but don't let that put you off. Every dating site has to start somewhere! As for searching - you can search by distance but not by state. I'll see if this is a feature I can implement.

beamsplitter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2019, 6:20 pm

Just dropping in to check everyone can see the site ok? I've tested it on 4 browsers and it looks ok (but not suited for mobiles). Please let me know if you have any feedback. Also, would you be more likely to use the site if it worked on mobiles? If so I can purchase an add-on to the script that will make it compatible.

Thanks for your time

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 6:29 pm

Don't think it works for me, but I have not signed up to Google.