Yet another mass shooting in Ohio this time!!

Page 1 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 3:12 am

Police are responding to reports of a mass shooting in Ohio, less than 24 hours after a gunman killed 20 people at a supermarket in Texas.
Multiple people have been shot and medics are reporting critical patients in the area of East 5th Street in the Oregon District in Dayton, local newspaper The Dayton Daily News reports.
Police scanner traffic has indicated that up to seven people may be dead, although sources say the number may be as high as 10.
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/cr ... =cb_widget

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 3:16 am

Well looks like right wing nutjobs are going bezerk across America!!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 3:48 am

Confirmed 10 dead including the suspect and 16 wounded.

The Oregon District where the massacre occurred is a historic district. The street where the attack occurred is the commercial street and is home to a number of bars and restaurants. The massacre happened outside of Ned Pepper’s which describes itself a “western-ish themed”. It has a dance floor DJ’s and some live music.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 4:12 am

Perhaps he wasn't a fan of boot scooting?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 6:39 am

We don't know this Ohio shooter's politics, nor even if he had any.

Funny that you mention the Boot Scoot Boogie because they still haven't found a motive for Stephen Paddock's 2017 Las Vegas spree killing of 58 people in Las Vegas- which happened to be at a country music festival.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 6:41 am

Just another day in the good 'ole U.S. of A. :?

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 6:44 am

The El Paso shooting was, apparently, perpetrated by a nut who admires Trump.

I’m not saying Trump is to blame.

These sorts of murders have gotten more numerous since Columbine. It doesn’t make sense to blame Clinton for Columbine.

That Waco guy was from 1993. Timothy McVeigh from 1995. Both right wing nutjobs. Can’t blame Clinton for those.

The Cultural Revolution in 1960s China, and the genocide in 1970s Cambodia, were both perpetuated by left wing nutjobs.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 04 Aug 2019, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 7:05 am

No kidding! I never said it was.

I was actually pointing out there’s a pattern to all this which just might transcend “politics.”

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 7:14 am

Yes... there's a common thread. They're all nut-jobs (as has been pointed out). They will just attach themselves to whatever extreme ideology appeals to them. That's the nature of nut-jobbery.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 7:18 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Funny that you mention the Boot Scoot Boogie because they still haven't found a motive for Stephen Paddock's 2017 Las Vegas spree killing of 58 people in Las Vegas- which happened to be at a country music festival.

Didn’t he have huge gambling debts?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 8:48 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Hadnt heard that. Wiki says "his motive has yet to be dertermined".

But that would (in a morbid way) make sense.

An affluent guy takes a trip to Vegas one time, and its enough to get him addicted to gambling, and soon his mounting gambling debts drive him to suicide. So if he decides to off himself he might well decide "to take the whole town of Vegas with me" as well since he might blame the town for his problems.

Politics certainly did not seem to be a factor. He wasn't a Muslim, nor a leftwinger, and a xenophobic White right winger would choose a Salsa, or Reggaeton concert, rather than a country music festival, to do mass murder. I know that that sounds like a sick joke, but the serious point is that it was probably the town he was angry at, and not anything else about that particular crowd he sprayed with bullets. If he had access to an A bomb he would erased all of Vegas from the map- and erased everyone in the town with it regardless of race, creed, religion, or musical taste.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 04 Aug 2019, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 9:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The El Paso shooting was, apparently, perpetrated by a nut who admires Trump.

I’m not saying Trump is to blame.

These sorts of murders have gotten more numerous since Columbine. It doesn’t make sense to blame Clinton for Columbine.

That Waco guy was from 1993. Timothy McVeigh from 1995. Both right wing nutjobs. Can’t blame Clinton for those.

The Cultural Revolution in 1960s China, and the genocide in 1970s Cambodia, were both perpetuated by left wing nutjobs.

Funny you should mention 1970s Cambodia
Nuon Chea: the Khmer Rouge's unrepentant revolutionary
Quote:
Khmer Rouge "Brother Number Two" Nuon Chea, who died Sunday aged 93, was considered the chief ideologue of the murderous Cambodian regime and a key architect of its killing machine.

Once leader Pol Pot's most trusted deputy, he was arrested in September 2007 on charges of war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity that occurred during the brutal Khmer Rouge reign from 1975 to 1979.

But the unrepentant revolutionary lived long enough to be one of only a handful of former leaders to face justice.

The Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia sentenced him to life in prison last year after he was found guilty of genocide against the ethnic Vietnamese and Cham Muslim minority groups.

He was previously convicted of crimes against humanity for the forced evacuation of Phnom Penh in 1975.

During his trial at the UN-backed court, the former law student denied a role in a regime whose policies led to the death of about two million Cambodians, telling judges that he was mainly in charge of educating fellow cadres.

Wearing his trademark sunglasses even in the dock, he frequently walked out of the courtroom in protest at proceedings.

Addressing the tribunal in October 2013 in his final statement, Nuon Chea blamed everything on "treacherous" subordinates.

"I never educated or instructed them to mistreat or kill people, to deprive them of food or commit genocide," he added.

Nuon Chea was accused of playing a critical role in a regime which starved, executed and worked to death a quarter of the population.

He and his fellow defendant Khieu Samphan were "dictators who controlled Cambodians by brutal force and fear", according to prosecutor William Smith.

This is the second tragedy to hit Dayton within a few months. A tornado killed one and destroyed many buildings in heavily populated areas of the city in late May.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 10:53 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Hadnt heard that. Wiki says "his motive has yet to be dertermined".

But that would (in a morbid way) make sense.

An affluent guy takes a trip to Vegas one time, and its enough to get him addicted to gambling, and soon his mounting gambling debts drive him to suicide. So if he decides to off himself he might well decide "to take the whole town of Vegas with me" as well since he might blame the town for his problems.

Politics certainly did not seem to be a factor. He wasn't a Muslim, nor a leftwinger, and a xenophobic White right winger would choose a Salsa, or Reggaeton concert, rather than a country music festival, to do mass murder. I know that that sounds like a sick joke, but the serious point is that it was probably the town he was angry at, and not anything else about that particular crowd he sprayed with bullets. If he had access to an A bomb he would erased all of Vegas from the map- and erased everyone in the town with it regardless of race, creed, religion, or musical taste.

What's the difference between reggae and reggaeton?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 11:35 am

Reggae is more “pure” Jamaican rock/pop. It has a relatively slow, relaxing beat. Especially “roots” reggae.

Reggaeton is much faster, and is mixed with other dance club-type music.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 11:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Reggae is more “pure” Jamaican rock/pop. It has a relatively slow, relaxing beat. Especially “roots” reggae.

Reggaeton is much faster, and is mixed with other dance club-type music.

I heard that Reggaeton was Reggae type rap, but in Spanish.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 11:41 am

That’s true, too.

It’s popular in Puerto Rico.