Marketing for movie where liberals hunt “deplorables” pulled

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 4:09 pm

I liked 'The Purge' so will be downloading this when available.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 4:19 pm

I see no issue with entertainment for entertainment's sake. I'm a Tarantino fan. I love GTA & first person shooters.

I also know how to shoot pretty decently, which fully informed my decision to never own weapons. Your enemies are not target practice fodder, they're basically just like you with different names & opinions.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 4:46 pm

cberg wrote:
I see no issue with entertainment for entertainment's sake. I'm a Tarantino fan. I love GTA & first person shooters.

I like a film with a strong female role , Betty Gilpin looks badass in it. :twisted:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 5:09 pm

Obviously this movie is depicting a very dark turn in the culture war. Whether it has any underlying message that could be of value to us as a society...well, I'd have to see the movie.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 3:23 am

They should show it as soon as they can. I think it would be a very entertaining movie.
Liberals killing conservatives??? :lol: :lmao: :lmao:
Who's going to show them which end of the gun the boolits go in?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 5:07 pm

Raptor wrote:
They should show it as soon as they can. I think it would be a very entertaining movie.
Liberals killing conservatives??? :lol: :lmao: :lmao:

:scratch: You must not know any Wyoming liberals.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 9:40 pm

Raptor wrote:

We are talking breech-loaders here, aren't we?

All joking aside, the trend of insulting the intelligence of one's political opponents has outlived its welcome. Clinton's infamous comment about the "irredeemable basket of deplorables" and Peter Strzok's "smelly Walmart people" comment is much like Trump's trashy locker-room talk and the constant belittling heard on talk radio in the afternoon--both on the conservative reaches of the AM dial, and on NPR.

There is no hope for us if we continue insulting people. I will sit down & talk to anyone, no matter his/her political views, and try to understand them. I don't have to believe in them unless they are telling the truth, but I do have to, as a fellow human being, grant them the decency of a proper and genteel conversation.

This goes for our members of a more liberal persuasion as well, and you know who you are. I haven't got a list of names but I hope our Aspie minds at least are consistent enough to tell when they are being decent and civil in human interaction.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 11:13 pm

the problem is that each side has a totally irreconcilable world view. in amuuurica at least, the right sees the left as stupid/lacking common sense, while the left sees the right as evil/lacking basic decency. how is this fixable without a divorce of some kind?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 6:05 pm

The premise of this movie is, of course, utterly unrealistic. Given that the vast majority of guns are owned by right-wingers, if either side ends up "hunting" the other, it would much more likely be right-wingers hunting left-wingers than vice versa.

Of course this movie, if it were to be produced, would doubtless feed the persecution complex of many right wingers (especially Christian religious right wingers).