Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 4:58 am

EzraS wrote:
I love living in the Pacific Northwest which is famous/infamous for its gray skies and rainfall.

I grew up in England where it’s raining more often than not. So I love the rain.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Aug 2019, 2:33 am

Rain has it's pluses & minuses. I don't wanna be out in it especially when it's raining hard. Rain can also come with thunderstorms which can scare the pets, make the power go out, & sometimes even kills people. Rain can also cause flooding when there's a lot of it in a short amount of time & the place is bellow sea level. Flood insurance can cost a lot depending on where you live & in some areas it is required in order to get a mortgage for the property. Flood insurance also doesn't cover everything & there can still be a lot of out of pocket costs to fix your place up after a big flood not to mention the hassle. Rain can also have effects on humidity. The humidity can sometimes get a lot worse when it's raining nearby. Other times the rain can lower the humidity. Rain fills up various bodies of water which can be very critical for various things like things that live in water & drinking water. Rain inspires LOTS of songs & is used a LOT in various shows. Rain also helps trees, plants, & crops grow which are very essential. Luke Bryan made a song about how important rain is :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 9:44 am

nick007 wrote:
Rain has it's pluses & minuses. I don't wanna be out in it especially when it's raining hard. Rain can also come with thunderstorms which can scare the pets, make the power go out, & sometimes even kills people. Rain can also cause flooding when there's a lot of it in a short amount of time & the place is bellow sea level. Flood insurance can cost a lot depending on where you live & in some areas it is required in order to get a mortgage for the property. Flood insurance also doesn't cover everything & there can still be a lot of out of pocket costs to fix your place up after a big flood not to mention the hassle. Rain can also have effects on humidity. The humidity can sometimes get a lot worse when it's raining nearby. Other times the rain can lower the humidity. Rain fills up various bodies of water which can be very critical for various things like things that live in water & drinking water. Rain inspires LOTS of songs & is used a LOT in various shows. Rain also helps trees, plants, & crops grow which are very essential. Luke Bryan made a song about how important rain is :arrow:

You put a lot of thought into that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Aug 2019, 12:57 pm

livingwithautism wrote:
nick007 wrote:

You put a lot of thought into that.
I had a bit of time to type & I have mixed feelings about it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition