Trump orders FBI to target blacks and environmentalists

Page 1 of 33 [ 482 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 3:54 am

Leaked FBI documents indicate "black identity extremists" and animal rights activists are among the agency's top counterterrorism priorities under President Donald Trump.
https://www.newsweek.com/fbi-leak-black ... at-1453362
The FBI's priority list documents, obtained by The Young Turks Thursday, lay out the Bureau's 2018 fiscal year focal points in counterterrorism, cyber crime and counterintelligence.

The 2018-19 "Threat Guidance" documents describe black identity extremists (BIEs) as those who "use force or violence in violation of criminal law in response to perceived racism and injustice in American society." The files claimed some BIEs acted in hopes of "establishing a separate black homeland or autonomous black social institutions, communities or governing organizations within the USA."

An internal FBI report from August 2017 was widely criticized for using the BIE label, which many called racist. But the Consolidated Strategy Guide documents leaked this week show the FBI kept the term and made BIEs one of its top counterterrorism priorities.

Under the Trump administration, they're considered a bigger threat than terror groups such as Al Qaeda.

"Animal rights/environmental extremists" and "anti-authority extremists" were also deemed top existential threats.

We now know Trump's national security priorities :roll:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 2:00 pm

But not a word about white supremacist and neo nazi extremists?

Also I am curious how the document defines extremism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 12:49 am

Yet another window into Trump's mind. He is obsessed about any group linked to the left...whenever reporters ask him about the threat of white supremacists he always counters with "Antifa" :roll: .

He is clearly wasting valuable FBI resources, black nationalist groups, Antifa or environmental groups have never killed a single white person in the history of America.

Can't say the same about white folk who have posed huge dangers to black Americans for more than a century.

Just one example
http://theconversation.com/police-kill- ... udy-100567

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 3:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
Yet another window into Trump's mind. He is obsessed about any group linked to the left...whenever reporters ask him about the threat of white supremacists he always counters with "Antifa" :roll: .

He is clearly wasting valuable FBI resources, black nationalist groups, Antifa or environmental groups have never killed a single white person in the history of America.

Can't say the same about white folk who have posed huge dangers to black Americans for more than a century.

Just one example
http://theconversation.com/police-kill- ... udy-100567

While the jist of your statement is true the Black Liberation Army murdered police officers in the 1970s.

As with a lot of terrorist organizations Antifa will either wither and die or escalate. Setting the correct anti terrorist priorities is always easy in hindsight. Time magazine’s cover story this week details how prioritizing anti Jahidist terror caused law enforcement and politicians to miss and ignore the growing willingness and lethality of racist terrorism. Some in the F.B.I. were sounding the alarm as far back as 2009 but were ignored. It is easy to see why this mistake was made. 9/11 was just 8 years in the rear view mirror. Jahidist terror was well financed with capable weaponry, racists were generally seen as fringe of fringe dated losers ranting in their parents basement seemingly no comparison. 14 years earlier Clinton had used the Oklahoma City Bombing to associate conservatives with the militia movement and kick Republican ass. Republicans viewed these F.B.I. warnings as the Obama administration doing the same thing. In 2019 punching Nazi’s in the face, no platforming is seemingly no comparison to repeated mass murder but who knows.

"When Establishment figures declare that they’ve changed their mind on free speech and now think there should be less of it, know that they expect the speech that gets throttled to be yours, not theirs.” - Walter Olsen Cato Institute

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 4:40 am

I posted this to illustrate Trump's view that i) there are fine people in the Neo Nazi movement (his words) and that ii) Antifa are just as bad as any white supremacist movement.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry ... 44e473a06e

Then when he tells the FBI to focus on black militants and enviro-groups you get the picture about his priorities

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 5:23 am

like nixon all over again. will amuuuurica never learn?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 5:24 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

And risk losing his base?

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:21 pm

All terrorists should be targeted: Black, White, Brown

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That is an extremely small base.

Oh wait now I understand why there are supposed to be so many nazis.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:38 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

The article points out that FBI is targeting white extremist groups too.

They're just lower down on the list.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 10:39 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That is an extremely small base.

Oh wait now I understand why there are supposed to be so many nazis.

I was being sarcastic... to a point. While most Trump voters aren't white nationalists, it's also true that he has tapped into preexisting prejudice among many white Americans.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 10:55 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

How do you know that? A photograph copy of the document cited has several categories blacked out. Why were they blacked out? Who blacked out the copy?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 3:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
it's also true that he has tapped into preexisting prejudice among many white Americans.

That's been the elephant in the room since 2016.....

Collective historic amnesia - prejudice is just bubbling beneath the surface needing somebody like Trump who successfully used this platform to stand out from other republican candidates in 2016 by triggering the old bogeyman of race...

alcockell
Raven
Raven

16 Aug 2019, 4:11 am

Also consider that Steve Bannon was Trump's campaign manager - or very close to. Bannon is on record as calling for American "bantustans" - to use the old Apartheid-era South African term.

Spitting Image clip from the period in 1984 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk&t=65s

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
it's also true that he has tapped into preexisting prejudice among many white Americans.

That's been the elephant in the room since 2016.....

Collective historic amnesia - prejudice is just bubbling beneath the surface needing somebody like Trump who successfully used this platform to stand out from other republican candidates in 2016 by triggering the old bogeyman of race...

An elephant in everyone's room, or just a few? Collective is a pretty strong word...

That racism exists and that SOME use it as the reason for immigration reform does not interest me. I'm interested in immigration reform because I have the right to relative peace of mind that my government is aware of the individuals they have turned loose into society. It is unreasonable for you to use the fact that their geographical location and subsequent evolutionary adaptation to their environment has made their skin brown. But doing so boosts your claim that every Trump supporter is racist. It's a desperate and base way to try and win this argument.

You totally ignore that all but the most close minded have had it with being hamstrung with the accusation of racism as a means of controlling their vote. If you want to keep using it as a cop out to try and get your way, be my guest. Racism is going to be a one hit wonder, because more and more people are going to begin to challenge you to come up with a non race related explanation for why you feel someone is excluded. If you are so limited in your thinking that you can't, you're going to be a byword. "There goes cyberdad, who claims everything is racist."