Page 1 of 35 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 9:07 am

He was found hanging in his cell. Most likely suicide.

Am not exactly...shedding tears about him.

And he certainly had....troubles mounting for him. So its not exactly surprising that he would do himself in.

I wonder if Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump, and many other rich and powerful men around the globe are...resting easier now.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 10:11 am

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. billionaire Jeffrey Epstein took his own life overnight in a lower Manhattan jail cell where he was being held without bail on federal sex-trafficking charges, a source said on Saturday.

Epstein’s body was found on Saturday morning at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, said Aja Davis, a spokeswoman for the New York City Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. She could not immediately say how he died, saying that her office would need to examine the body.

But a source, who was not authorized to speak on the record, told Reuters that Epstein took his own life, confirming earlier reports by ABC News and other media outlets.

Attempts to reach officials at the center for comment were not immediately successful. Epstein’s lawyer Reid Weingarten also could not be reached.

Epstein, who was arrested on July 6, had pleaded not guilty to charges of sex trafficking involving dozens of underage girls as young as 14, from at least 2002 to 2005.

Last month, Epstein was found unconscious on the floor of his jail cell with marks on his neck, according to media reports. Officials were investigating that incident as a possible suicide or assault. It was not clear whether jail officials had taken any special precautions afterwards.

Epstein, 66, was confined to the correctional center while he appealed a district judge’s refusal to let him live under 24-hour guard in his opulent townhouse on Manhattan’s Upper East Side.

The charges against Epstein were announced more than a decade after he pleaded guilty in Florida to state prostitution charges after a deal with prosecutors that has been widely criticized.

A woman who accused Epstein of keeping her as a sex slave said one of the financier’s associates had instructed her to have sex with at least a half-dozen prominent men, according to a court filing unsealed on Friday in a civil lawsuit.
"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-peop ... SKCN1V00GM

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 1:30 pm

Wasn'tthe guy on suicide watch?

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 1:49 pm

Neither money nor influence will follow him now.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 2:21 pm

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 2:31 pm

Money doesn't buy happiness.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 2:51 pm

StayFrosty wrote:
Wasn'tthe guy on suicide watch?

Yes. As in they're gonna watch has he commits suicide, apparently. How a guy on suicide watch manages to hang himself, I'm sure I'll never know. Though I guess it's slightly more believable than two shots to the back of the skull.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm

I'm sure the Clintons are involved.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 3:15 pm

Like many, I'm not surprised Epstein took the easy way out.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 9:00 pm

...Or...if it LOOKS LIKE suicide, no muss, no fuss...and certain very prominent people(Besides who was named. Alan Dershoeitz...and Prince Andrew! 8O) Need Not Worry anymore :!:) :P :twisted: ...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 9:08 pm

He wasn't brave enough to do things the hard way, so he took the easy way out.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 4:29 am

Most likely Trump had him silenced before he spilled the beans on Trump's orgies at mar Al Lago involving under aged girls

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 5:48 am

cyberdad wrote:
Most likely Trump had him silenced before he spilled the beans on Trump's orgies at mar Al Lago involving under aged girls

I don't usually go for conspiracy theories... but that thought did flit briefly through my mind.

UK papers seem to be full of Prince Andrew involvement today... what a shame.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 7:38 am

Not that this matters too much....but he wasn’t on suicide watch when this occurred.

He was on suicide watch previously.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 8:03 am

cyberdad wrote:

You have already displayed your penchant for calling fully adult women underage girls and little girls.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 10:48 am

If you are surprised that Epstein killed himself in his cell at a federal facility, imagine how surprised he must have been. When a person is associated with a Clinton scandal, their life expectancy on this earth can be rather tenuous.