Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 8:18 am

In third grade, which was age 9, a couple of classmates often teased me over this or that. This one time, I was on my way to lunch when they were teasing me. I ended up walking as fast as I could to get away from them when the principal grabbed my arm and started scolding me for "Running in the hall." I told her what happened and it was "You be quiet and listen to me." It was so humiliating that I ended up crying the rest of the way to the lunchroom. Meanwhile, the substitute teacher, who was filling in for our real teacher as she was on maternity leave, told her what happened. That principal never picked on me again after and did apologize to me later on.

The substitute said that she was already annoyed with our class for being too loud and I ended up being the brunt of her frustration.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2019, 9:29 am

OMG yes, horribly! By both boys and girls. I was pushed down stairs, had pizza thrown in my face ruining my shirt, and my belongings stolen. I could go on and on. I was the wierd, awkward, quiet, smart, nerdy, and clumsy girl. Basically a magnet for bullies. I always felt that I was very different from other people. I didn't know then that my different was called Aspergers. Bullying ruined my self esteem and has left me with lifelong scars. I am now working to become a teacher and will continue to advocate against bullying.

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 9:20 am

Yes, mostly by the school troublemakers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 9:23 am

Yes, by students and teachers.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 9:28 am

Bullying was rare at my school. The fashion police would sometimes make their opinions known, but generally the 'populars' vs. 'unpopulars' just stayed away from each other.

Condolences to those who had it worse. I was really lucky in this regard.

Randomosity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2019, 9:33 pm

Yes, talking behind my back and teasing to my face in middle school. High school not so much. The different cliques managed to co-exist and I was mostly known as the quiet, nice kid to my peers anyway.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 5:44 am

I was bullied from about the age of 7 to 10 and then after that was treated awfully by "friends". I would be lied about and treated awfully, even being hit when I annoyed them, once so hard in the head my vision was affected. I'm ok with some of those people now but I haven't exactly been treated well by my peers in the past. Even when that stuff stopped I was disrespected in other ways. It's all fine now though.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 9:14 pm

Not too much. In grade 2, people would make fun of how I pronounced some sounds wrong, and around grades 5-6, girls would exclude me from playing/hanging out with them occasionally. And some people made rude comments, especially about my meltdowns. But it was usually more one-off instances, not constant.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 8:04 pm

Mostly by other girls and teachers. I eventually learned to retaliate...physically.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 6:31 am

There was one girl I knew in Junior High and High School who in hindsight was probably on the spectrum or something similar. While I never witnessed her being abused, it was downright appalling how the other students, particularly the girls treated her. Like myself, she was quiet, kept to herself and was never any trouble to anyone yet they treated her like she was an awful person who should be avoided at all costs.

What's really interesting is my wife and her best friend, while not on the spectrum are probably very close and both told me they never experienced anything even remotely close to bullying in school.

Remora
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Oct 2019, 1:42 am

I still go to secondary school and am bullied everyday by the other girls in my class. They are always laughing at me or calling me names and making fun of me about how I look or how I sound. Most days are unbearable at school because of them and if it's too much some days I don't go in.

I'm on half term now but am dreading going back.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 4:49 pm

Yes, I was bullied and tormented a lot in school, by both boys and girls. It made the schools I was in a hostile environment, which definitely interfered in the learning process. By the time I finished high school, I'd had more than enough, and chose not to go on to any sort of college or vocational school. I wanted, and desperately needed to escape from that culture of torment. I only had low end jobs after that, but it was still better than being in school. I love learning, but wasn't able to make any headway in such a terrible environment. That was 4 & 1/2 decades ago now. I still do learn stuff on my own, thru books, and the internet, but I have no interest in going to school. It's a shame really, as I think I would have benefitted from some type of vocational college courses, but I'm not willing to share a classroom with monsters. And yes, I know that they aren't all monsters, but it only takes one to make things intolerable.

I don't wish this sort of thing on any kid. I do wish that parents and teachers would take the bullying and tormenting seriously, and put a stop to it right away. No one should have to suffer thru that.

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2019, 6:14 am

*hugs* to questor.

I was also bullied all throughout school and even at work. At this point of my life I am pretty much a hermit. I still work part time but pretty much avoid people. I purposely work odd hours to be around less people and I work no more than twice a week and sometimes not at all.

I also love learning and do a lot of learning during my free time. Since being able to leave school and the full time work environment this is the happiest I have ever been. I am an unattractive, “awkward” autistic woman and many people find this funny. As a result I tend to be bullied when I am in groups. So I try my hardest to avoid people. I hang out with family only. I sometimes go to church and in a few weeks I plan on going to some educational seminars that pertain to my special interest. Socially, I try my hardest to stay in my lane and not venture out too much.