Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lucgn01
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2019, 11:08 pm

I’ve seen a lot of conspiracy theories surrounding Epstein’s suicide, with many people on both sides of the political spectrum calling it a means of silencing him from exposing some sort of elite crime ring. Personally, I don’t believe them. I think that Epstein was just a sick, sad monster of a man who couldn’t bear to face his victims in court. Also, of all of the ways to kill him, why suicide? Personally, I would’ve paid an inmate or a security guard to kill him instead. Pedophiles tend to not last very long in prison, anyway. If it turns out that I’m wrong, however, I’m willing to swallow my pride and admit it. It’s been less than 24 hours, though. I think that it’s important to wait for a proper investigation and to not jump to conclusions.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 11:13 pm

Conspiracy theories or not, the only thing that matters now is he's dead. Not many will miss him, but the stupid conspiracy theorists will certainly do everything they can to keep his memory alive.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 11:34 pm

My thought: How can someone with so much money, be so unhappy?

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 11:44 pm

Simply put, money is not a cure all. Money can give you access to many things yes, but it often comes with its own problems. You can have massive amounts of money yet your personal life can still be in complete disarray causing you stress, anxiety, and various headaches all the time.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 11:42 pm

Now that the authorities have access to his private papers, it should be possible to prosecute at least some of the many rich folks who abused under-age girls together with him. It will be interesting to see whether this happens. If it does, hopefully neither Republicans nor Democrats will be spared.

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 7:39 am

LoveNotHate wrote:

A lot of the time the over-accumulation of material wealth is itself a byproduct of a particular personality constructed as a response to traumas. Money doesn't heal those traumas. If anything it erects an image of successfully handling things that allows a person to go for quite some time without addressing the real issues that exist in their lives, if those issues can be completely dealt with at all. With respect to money it's rather easy to do so within a capitalistic social context that tends to equate material and career success with "doing well in life." The narrative is provided as prefab, the person just has to bite on to it and abide through the continued denial of their real issues while gripping the story of their overt success.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 9:43 am

The conspiracy theories are just a smoke screen or diversionary tactic.

TheOther
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2019, 1:18 pm

I think this particular conspiracy theory has traction beause of the strange circumstances surrounding his death.

To start, a vile criminal who helped the rich and powerful do some of the more horrible things imaginable would have a huge target on his back, given that he has a lot of incentive to rat other people out for a better deal.

So we have this individual who everyone knows a lot of powerful people want silenced, and at the time of his death, somehow he is left unguarded and the video cameras on him malfunction?

It's fishy as hell, to be honest.

Roboto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2019, 1:22 pm

All theories aside it will be sad if the information is suppressed and justice is not rightfully bestowed upon all who took advantage of this vile human.

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2019, 2:11 pm

lucgn01 wrote:
Also, of all of the ways to kill him, why suicide? Personally, I would’ve paid an inmate or a security guard to kill him instead. Pedophiles tend to not last very long in prison, anyway.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here, but it sounds like you have had a bit of a brain fart.
People who doubt the narrative that Epstein committed suicide are not claiming he was killed by suicide (that concept doesn't even make sense). They are claiming he was killed and that the killer made it look like suicide so as to cover their tracks.

And if someone wanted Epstein dead to prevent him exposing an elite crime ring, it would have been better for them to get him out of the way quickly than to do nothing on the off-chance that (seeing as 'pedophiles tend to not last very long in prison') he'd soon be killed by an inmate anyway - not least because he was being kept in solitary confinement at the time of his death.

And as for paying a security guard to kill him - any security guard who accepted money to kill an inmate would also want to make it look like suicide. Security guards can't just go openly killing inmates without any consequences!

lucgn01

12 Aug 2019, 2:16 pm

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here, but it sounds like you have had a bit of a brain fart.
People who doubt the narrative that Epstein committed suicide are not claiming he was killed by suicide (that concept doesn't even make sense). They are claiming he was killed and that the killer made it look like suicide so as to cover their tracks.

That's exactly what I meant. I'm sorry for not making that clear.

Quote:
And if someone wanted Epstein dead to prevent him exposing an elite crime ring, it would have been better for them to get him out of the way quickly than to do nothing on the off-chance that (seeing as 'pedophiles tend to not last very long in prison') he'd soon be killed by an inmate anyway - not least because he was being kept in solitary confinement at the time of his death.

And as for paying a security guard to kill him - any security guard who accepted money to kill an inmate would also want to make it look like suicide. Security guards can't just go openly killing inmates without any consequences!

I did mess up on that last part. I wrote the post very quickly and I apologize for that. However, I still hold to the idea that, more likely than not, this was just a case of an evil man taking the coward's way out. If a full investigation proves me wrong, than I'll be more than happy to admit it.

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2019, 2:19 pm

BTDT wrote:
The conspiracy theories are just a smoke screen or diversionary tactic.

Some might say that in itself is a conspiracy theory, which sort of helps to illustrate what an over-used, loaded term 'conspiracy theory' is. If you think the conspiracy theories are smokescreens, then who is spreading them, and what truth are they trying to divert people's attention from?

That's not to say I disagree with you. Obviously if there are conflicting theories out there they cannot all be true, and so it's not unreasonable to assume some are being spread to cause confusion.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 5:08 pm

Never attribute to a conspiracy that which can be explained by complacency and negligence.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 6:04 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Be so unhappy as to kill themselves? Facing 45 years in prison will do that. Meaning he would likely die in prison. Good he killed himself that was the smart thing to do. I don't understand how people could be shocked that he killed himself instead of facing the consequences for his crimes. I mean if he was so benevolent as to stick around just for his punishment he wouldn't have raped all those girls and ran a sex trafficking ring to begin with. If you are facing the rest of your life in prison the only smart thing to do is to kill yourself. No one will miss him, save the tax payers the cost of housing him for decades. He is clearly guilty, his suicide I'm sure answers that much.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 6:31 pm

Noca wrote:
... I don't understand how people could be shocked that he killed himself instead of facing the consequences for his crimes. I mean if he was so benevolent as to stick around just for his punishment he wouldn't have raped all those girls and ran a sex trafficking ring to begin with. If you are facing the rest of your life in prison the only smart thing to do is to kill yourself. No one will miss him, save the tax payers the cost of housing him for decades. He is clearly guilty, his suicide I'm sure answers that much.
That's harsh, cold, to the point, and very very true. Like a cup of yesterday's coffee or a shot of whiskey on an empty stomach.

I approve.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 7:22 pm

once again the truth is successfully deep-sixed, never to see the light of day. but god knows.