Should it be acceptable for women to go topless in public?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Women going topless in public
Yes 46%  46%  [ 13 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
No, and it shouldn't be acceptable for men to go topless in public either. 43%  43%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 28

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 8:37 pm

Should it be acceptable for women to go topless in public?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 8:39 pm

Where? The beach? It's not appropriate for anyone to go shirtless in a store, restaurant, etc. At the beach or a swimming pool, I wouldn't be offended. I'm a hetero man, and I have no qualms about saying that in many cases (not all shapes of breasts are attractive to me) I would find it titillating (no pun intended). I don't feel ashamed or apologetic about it. Would I stare lewdly? No.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 3:32 am

Yes please...

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2019, 7:08 am

I personally don't need to see it- just like I don't need to see public breastfeeding. But, it's legal here in NYC for women to go braless in public. Ces't la vie.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 9:49 am

Seriously though on hot days it's annoying that breasts are more sexualised than just a naked flat chest (both are sexualised guys, don't go to the bank topless for eg). Because sometimes it's too hot to wear a top comfortably. Not very often here though.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2019, 9:57 am

KT67 wrote:
Seriously though on hot days it's annoying that breasts are more sexualised than just a naked flat chest (both are sexualised guys, don't go to the bank topless for eg). Because sometimes it's too hot to wear a top comfortably. Not very often here though.

I don't even like seeing men barechested. Outside of the beach it just seems uncouth. I don't need to see man boobs and beer guts, or a 6 pack ab guy showboating. Have some class.

Roboto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2019, 11:53 am

Yes. A measure of how much progress humans have made will be when things like this can exist and morons don't go around making a mess of it.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 12:03 pm

Neither sex should be allowed to, except on designated beaches and the like.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 3:01 pm

Yup it should be, otherwise its a double standard. It's legal for women to go topless in public in Ontario. The part that I don't understand is why someone can wear something at a beach but the same clothing is somehow unacceptable in public elsewhere. It really doesn't make any sense if you think about it. What is so special about a beach or swimming pool?

Roboto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2019, 3:37 pm

Noca wrote:
Yup it should be, otherwise its a double standard. It's legal for women to go topless in public in Ontario. The part that I don't understand is why someone can wear something at a beach but the same clothing is somehow unacceptable in public elsewhere. It really doesn't make any sense if you think about it. What is so special about a beach or swimming pool?

Totally.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 5:14 pm

Everybody keep your shirt on unless you are at a beach,pool or park.I don’t want to see half nekkid people in a restaurant.If you live in a hot climate it’s unappetizing to see sweaty armpits,body hair or chests.Some people don’t smell that good either and a shirt helps cut down on BO.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 5:20 pm

I think it's "only fair." Especially when you're in the house. I believe in places where it's socially okay for men to go topless----that women should be able to go topless, too.

I don't go topless too often---except on the beach or when I'm home. I ain't THAT great-looking LOL

Public breastfeeding should be allowed. The woman is feeding her baby, after all.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 5:24 pm

I think in Canada it is legal for women t go topless, but unless they're nursing a baby I'd rather not see their icky, ugly nipples, especially when they freeze into points in our climate. :lol:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 5:28 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Everybody keep your shirt on unless you are at a beach,pool or park.I don’t want to see half nekkid people in a restaurant.If you live in a hot climate it’s unappetizing to see sweaty armpits,body hair or chests.Some people don’t smell that good either and a shirt helps cut down on BO.

Ah, s**t! I wish I hadn't been eating when I read your post. The rest of my Kung Pao shrimp is going right down the garbage disposal.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 5:41 pm

Garbage disposals from the sink are banned in NYC, I believe.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 5:45 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Everybody keep your shirt on unless you are at a beach,pool or park. I don’t want to see half nekkid people in a restaurant. If you live in a hot climate it’s unappetizing to see sweaty armpits,body hair or chests.Some people don’t smell that good either and a shirt helps cut down on BO.
Not to mention that for some women, going topless is downright painful due to lack of support and restraint.

(... so I've been told.)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.