Didn't get that job... Oh, wait...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2019, 3:57 pm

So last week I heard out of the blue from a place where I had an interview in late April. Computer tech for a municipal library system. They took until last month to tell me they hired somebody else. Turns out the person they hired flamed out. Got a one-on-one overview of the job this morning. Original job was full-time, but since their new full-timer tucked tail and ran they want to start someone half-time and see how they work out. Showed me a list of tech tickets and they don't look any different from what I handle at my existing job.

Wish me luck. Would be nice to double my income.

Already making a list of things this place could do more efficiently, in case I actually get the job and hang around a while. That and there's non-computer equipment that hasn't worked in months that I can probably fix (after clearing the backlog of actual IT stuff).

Keeping both sets of fingers crossed.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 4:14 pm

God luck with the new part time job! Hope you can make it full time!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 4:55 pm

Is better then that. He can work part time with full time pay as it is double the last job... :)

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2019, 6:44 pm

Actually I'm counting both jobs as double the pay. If I go full time on the new one I will have to cut back a bit on the old one, but that would be still more income.

Still not 100% sure I have the new one, but it sounded very promising. When they ask you to pull a schedule out of thin air, it tells you they're at least somewhat interested in hiring you.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 8:56 pm

One company interviewed me for the same job twice

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2019, 9:08 am

... and heard this morning that, once again, I didn't get it.

Color me disappointed and really confused.

Have a couple of other places where my hat's still in the ring. Will just have to hope for one of those.