Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


What is your astrology sign?
Virgo 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Pisces 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Leo 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Libra 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Scorpio 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Gemini 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Taurus 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Capricorn 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Sagittarius 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aquarius 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Aries 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Cancer 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2018
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 162
Location: Israel

15 Aug 2019, 7:10 am

Well, I dont really care about Horoscopes and mostly they point people in the wrong direction in life, to be honest. I think you gotta be careful from these things.
However, some things they say about each astrology sign are actually accurate, atleast to some extent. To be honest, I dont think identification with the animal or figure associated with your astrology sign is the right thing to do. Like, for example, a Taurus - you dont necessarily have a bull's behavior just by being a Taurus. Maybe it is supposed to represent some of the traits, but certainly not all of them.
But I agree with one thing that is said about astrology signs, and that is the elements. The 4 elements of Fire, Water, Air and Earth each get along with other people who have the same element. Taurus gets along well with a Virgo, and Pisces gets along well with a Cancer, for example. It makes sense because I've seen married couples get along especially well by being the same element.
But, some people think that you are automatically compatible with someone else just because of a match between your element and their element, or something similar to that. That is not true. You still gotta work hard, learn to get along and everything, in order to succeed.
Generally, I dont decide whether a person would fit my personality or not just by their astrology sign, but the tendency is always there which you get along with people which have the same element as yours.
people born under cusps like 22 June or 22 December, etc. - are more difficult to analyze. They get traits of 2 signs.
I like energetic signs like Aries and Leo, they're both Fire elements. I never encountered someone who was Aries or Leo and was lazy and gentle. They're always looking for action in some way.
But its okay if some people here dont believe these things or think its all lies. We all believe different things.


_________________
Being different is very normal.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,443
Location: Stendec

15 Aug 2019, 8:08 am

Earth, air, fire and water represent states of matter; they are not "elements", even though they were called that during time time of ancient Indian, Hellenistic Egypt, and ancient Greece. Modern science has proven these "elements" to actually be chemical compounds, mixtures, or (in the case of fire) mostly ionized gasses.

Earth == Solid
Air == Gas
Fire == Plasma
Water == Liquid

Otherwise, there are 94 naturally-occurring elements, and 24 more that can only be synthesized in a collider or reactor. Modern science does not support the "Classical" elements as the material basis of the physical world. Atomic theory classifies atoms into more than a hundred chemical elements such as oxygen, iron, and mercury. These elements form chemical compounds and mixtures, and under different temperatures and pressures, these substances can adopt different states of matter. The most commonly observed states of solid, liquid, gas, and plasma share many attributes with the classical elements of earth, water, air, and fire, respectively, but these states are due to similar behavior of different types of atoms at similar energy levels, and not due to containing a certain type of atom or a certain type of substance.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2018
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 162
Location: Israel

15 Aug 2019, 8:56 am

Fnord wrote:
Earth, air, fire and water represent states of matter; they are not "elements", even though they were called that during time time of ancient Indian, Hellenistic Egypt, and ancient Greece. Modern science has proven these "elements" to actually be chemical compounds, mixtures, or (in the case of fire) mostly ionized gasses.

Earth == Solid
Air == Gas
Fire == Plasma
Water == Liquid

Otherwise, there are 94 naturally-occurring elements, and 24 more that can only be synthesized in a collider or reactor. Modern science does not support the "Classical" elements as the material basis of the physical world. Atomic theory classifies atoms into more than a hundred chemical elements such as oxygen, iron, and mercury. These elements form chemical compounds and mixtures, and under different temperatures and pressures, these substances can adopt different states of matter. The most commonly observed states of solid, liquid, gas, and plasma share many attributes with the classical elements of earth, water, air, and fire, respectively, but these states are due to similar behavior of different types of atoms at similar energy levels, and not due to containing a certain type of atom or a certain type of substance.

Please send to me a link of a site where you've read or learned all this crap from, its the first time someone comes to me with that.
The 4 elements I mentioned belong to 4 astrology signs for 1 element each. The others you mentioned have nothing to do with astrology, and are irrelevant to this thread. You seem to be sharing a lot of spam and taking things off-topic lately, not just on this thread.
I dont care if you mislead others, and if people believe the crap you say, let them believe. You know what, if this crap continues I wont even reply to you again. If you're happy with what you're doing, keep doing it. I'm pretty sure you're violating the forum rules, by taking the thread off topic.


_________________
Being different is very normal.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,443
Location: Stendec

15 Aug 2019, 9:09 am

Okay, Here's the Link.

Of course the 4 "elements" you mentioned are associated with astrology, both concepts having originated during a period in history when science was mostly superstition, and no one really understood what physics, chemistry and astronomy were really all about.

As for misleading others, I am presenting known observable facts in addition to your statements on astrology. There is no violation of forum rules on my part, nor is there any hostile intent. This topic should be open for discussion, including alternative points of view and expressions of scientific facts.

Please continue with your subject. Having once been an astrologer myself, I not only know all of the terminology, but I also know where and when they originated as well as how to apply them appropriately.


:D


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2018
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 162
Location: Israel

15 Aug 2019, 9:18 am

Fnord wrote:
Okay, Here's the Link.

Of course the 4 "elements" you mentioned are associated with astrology, both concepts having originated during a period in history when science was mostly superstition, and no one really understood what physics and chemistry were really all about.

As for misleading others, I am presenting known observable facts in addition to your statements on astrology. There is no violation of forum rules on my part, nor is there any hostile intent. This topic should be open for discussion, including alternative points of view and expressions of scientific facts.

Please continue with your subject. Having once been an astrologer myself, I not only know all of the terminology, but I also know where and when they originated as well as how to apply them appropriately.


:D

If what you state was made up or written by a child, then no, it cant always be "observable facts".
I'm not saying everything you say about astrology or a different subject is crap, but not everything you say is accurate. And when I tell you that you are wrong, you put in a lot of effort to hide that fact and come to me with vague statements that dont make sense.
Sometimes, you can be wrong and although I am unable to point specifically what exactly it was, but it wasn't 100% accurate.
Sometimes, you gotta admit you are wrong and be honest about it. If I was wrong about something, I would apologize to the community and admit it, even if it wasnt intentional. When you say something wrong and people believe it, that's what is called "misleading".
If you dont think you were ever wrong about anything you have said in this Astrology thread, think again. And I wont quote every single statement that was wrong, I am just saying some things were wrong that you said.
You need to watch how you describe things, because you dont just copy paste, you add in some of your own misleading statements.
Consider this a friendly advice, not meant to just insult or offend. And whether you violate forum rules or not, leave that for the forum mods to decide. Just because you apparently think you have superior knowledge compared to others doesn't mean you automatically receive forum moderator status.


_________________
Being different is very normal.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,443
Location: Stendec

15 Aug 2019, 9:35 am

The known facts I've stated were discovered by scientists making observations.

If I've made an inaccurate or incorrect statement, then please point it out. But please back up your own assertions with verifiable facts as well.

I am not assuming forum moderator status. I am stating established, observable, scientifically-determined facts.

Please continue with the original discussion. I find it fascinating.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2018
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 162
Location: Israel

15 Aug 2019, 1:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
The known facts I've stated were discovered by scientists making observations.

If I've made an inaccurate or incorrect statement, then please point it out. But please back up your own assertions with verifiable facts as well.

I am not assuming forum moderator status. I am stating established, observable, scientifically-determined facts.

Please continue with the original discussion. I find it fascinating.

Okay, I'll just tell you what I think and you can agree or disagree, whatever you want, man.
Well, you see... astrology has always had different views and perspectives from different kinds of people, mostly professional astrologers(or astrologists? Im not sure about the correct word), and because of that almost every astrology site on the Internet today, gives us a very different kinds of information about astrology and the astrology signs.
I've seen crazy stuff about astrology which I have read on some astrology sites, but Ive also seen things that actually make a lot of sense. You wouldnt believe it, you can actually learn a lot about yourself just by reading about your astrology sign. Its not all lies. It matched more than just one thing about myself, and love compatibility also is mostly accurate most of the time.
But, yes. Because the professionals in this field of knowledge tend to have different perspectives and opinions about this, they present it differently across the Internet and astrology sites and articles. Thats why we all look at astrology differently.
There are people who dont believe a single thing about astrology, and these are the kind of people who wont listen no matter how much you put in effort to explain things to them. In that case, its pointless unless one day they decide to develop an interest into the subject by themselves, which isnt very likely most of the time.
These are my thoughts on the matter and I find it hard to believe, you disagree with every single thing I'd say. I didnt make this all up, its after a long time of research into the matter and a lot of reading.


_________________
Being different is very normal.


DanielW
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2019
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 486
Location: PNW USA

15 Aug 2019, 1:35 pm

I'm a fan-tailed, hornless unicorn.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,443
Location: Stendec

15 Aug 2019, 2:26 pm

DanielW wrote:
I'm a fan-tailed, hornless unicorn.
Born/foaled under which sign?


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


DanielW
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2019
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 486
Location: PNW USA

15 Aug 2019, 2:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
DanielW wrote:
I'm a fan-tailed, hornless unicorn.
Born/foaled under which sign?

Not sure it matters much...I've never held with astrology as any kind of science...or an art form for that matter. I've never had an even remotely accurate chart or forcast done...even by a "professional", and even a broken clock is right twice a day. :-)



Last edited by DanielW on 15 Aug 2019, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,443
Location: Stendec

15 Aug 2019, 2:56 pm

DanielW wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DanielW wrote:
I'm a fan-tailed, hornless unicorn.
Born/foaled under which sign?
Not sure it matters much...I've never held with astrology as any kind of science...or an art form for that matter.
It's useful in that (1) it enables an historical perspective on astronomy (and science in general), and (2) you can legally make a lot of money off of people who do believe in it.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


DanielW
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2019
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 486
Location: PNW USA

15 Aug 2019, 3:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
DanielW wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DanielW wrote:
I'm a fan-tailed, hornless unicorn.
Born/foaled under which sign?
Not sure it matters much...I've never held with astrology as any kind of science...or an art form for that matter.
It's useful in that (1) it enables an historical perspective on astronomy (and science in general), and (2) you can legally make a lot of money off of people who do believe in it.


I concede point #2. It reminds me of the quote by P.T. Barnum, "This way to the great Egress..." People paid quite a bit of money to see it.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,443
Location: Stendec

15 Aug 2019, 3:08 pm

DanielW wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DanielW wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DanielW wrote:
I'm a fan-tailed, hornless unicorn.
Born/foaled under which sign?
Not sure it matters much...I've never held with astrology as any kind of science...or an art form for that matter.
It's useful in that (1) it enables an historical perspective on astronomy (and science in general), and (2) you can legally make a lot of money off of people who do believe in it.
I concede point #2. It reminds me of the quote by P.T. Barnum, "This way to the great Egress..." People paid quite a bit of money to see it.
"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase closely associated with P. T. Barnum, an American showman of the mid-19th century, although there is no evidence that he actually said it. Early examples of its use are found among gamblers and confidence men. Among professional astrologers, fortune-tellers, "psychics" and the like, the phrase has evolved to become "Everybody's a seeker, and there is a [new] seeker born every minute". Both mean roughly the same thing.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2018
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 162
Location: Israel

15 Aug 2019, 3:55 pm

Fnord, what do you have to say about my previous long post?


_________________
Being different is very normal.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,443
Location: Stendec

15 Aug 2019, 3:59 pm

Noam2353 wrote:
Fnord, what do you have to say about my previous long post?
It was cute.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)