Amount of Posts and Join Date of other forum members

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How much do you care about other members Join Date and amount of Posts that they have?
I care about this a lot. Having a lot of posts or an old join date means you are a very important person, and those who dont are less important, in my opinion. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
I care about this a lot, but, I think everyone's still equal regardless of amount of posts or a join date. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
I dont really care about it, but maybe those with higher amount of posts and older join date means they might have more experience, but thats not always the case. 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
I dont care at all. This was never something important to me. 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 24

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 12:52 am

DeepHour wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Or humanhatred.

BINGO!

:D

I don't think I know BINGO! :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 12:10 pm

“Bingo” means “yep.”

It means you’re absolutely correct.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2019, 12:16 pm

“Bingo” means “yep.”

as in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haJLOvOwvkI

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 1:34 pm

Raleigh wrote:
DeepHour wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Or humanhatred.

BINGO!

:D

I don't think I know BINGO! :mrgreen:

It's a reference to checking off all the numbers on your card in the venerable game of Bingo, and thereby winning the game.

I'm undoubtedly showing my age in making such references and assuming younger persons will be familiar with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjUcOPIgWSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lttDZpq7Jww

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2019, 1:56 pm

I've read your recent posts, I still haven't understand what the Bingo has to do with posts and join dates.
But, I'd like to ask you all a question, if you are okay with that.
Have you ever thought anyone on the forum, a specific member possibly, have received more respect or attention just because he had a very old join date, or, a very high amount of total posts?
If yes, can you tell me his/her username? I just am curious to find out, thats all.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 2:02 pm

I feel that "veterans," in general, receive more "respect" from some members here than relative "newbies." Though there are those where "post count" doesn't really make a difference.

There are various reasons for this. One prominent reason is that there have been "newbies" who have turned out to be pretty major trolls. People can, sometimes, be "on guard" here. They don't want to be messed with because they HAVE been messed with.

I am probably more "respected," with 60,000 posts, than I was when I had 50 posts. But the same goes for when I had a few hundred posts.

I feel most people become "trusted" once they reach about 500 posts--if they had earned the trust. If they don't go around abusing other members, or try to troll them. If they engage in nice conversations with people in threads (or, perhaps, in Personal Messages).

If they are see as someone who offers constructive advice, or at least seems to try to make people feel better when they don't feel so well, or just doesn't talk about themselves, while seeming to ignore other people, then they are welcome.

If a members abuses other people, just goes around ranting all the time, or just acts like they want to make fun of other members, then they are not accepted here on WrongPlanet.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 2:16 pm

there are members with high post counts that act like trolls and mistreat other members

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2019, 2:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel that "veterans," in general, receive more "respect" from some members here than relative "newbies." Though there are those where "post count" doesn't really make a difference.

There are various reasons for this. One prominent reason is that there have been "newbies" who have turned out to be pretty major trolls. People can, sometimes, be "on guard" here. They don't want to be messed with because they HAVE been messed with.

I am probably more "respected," with 60,000 posts, than I was when I had 50 posts. But the same goes for when I had a few hundred posts.

I feel most people become "trusted" once they reach about 500 posts--if they had earned the trust. If they don't go around abusing other members, or try to troll them. If they engage in nice conversations with people in threads (or, perhaps, in Personal Messages).

If they are see as someone who offers constructive advice, or at least seems to try to make people feel better when they don't feel so well, or just doesn't talk about themselves, while seeming to ignore other people, then they are welcome.

If a members abuses other people, just goes around ranting all the time, or just acts like they want to make fun of other members, then they are not accepted here on WrongPlanet.

60000 posts is really a lot. But, I noticed you have probably reached that many posts by simply replying almost everywhere, and many of your posts are relatively short, meaning you get a chance to post more in less time.
I dont mean to say you are doing something wrong by doing it this way, but thats probably how you've hit that many posts. Its a good trick, I can probably learn a lot from you, man.
Did you receive any special forum privileges by having that many posts? Or some special forum title, and so on?
I wonder if there is some hidden secret forum for high posting members only, or special abilities only members with large amounts of posts can receive.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 3:11 pm

Noam2353 wrote:
Did you receive any special forum privileges by having that many posts? Or some special forum title, and so on?

One member seriously believed that Kraftiekortie was employed by WP as its official psychiatrist, and that the white jacket he wears in his avatar was his lab coat! There's no doubt that for many people on here he's a pretty effective amateur psychiatrist, or maybe 'counsellor' would be a better word.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:03 pm

Nope....no special title. No special privileges. No tricks up my sleeves. I've been on WP for 5 1/2 years. I don't get "special favors."

I agree with Vermontsavant. There are people with high post counts who are trolls, etc. I was just talking about why people might sometimes "respect" those who higher post counts. I didn't say that was necessarily right in all cases.

I'm just a regular autistic guy from NYC who is lucky to have a civil service job. And who has learned something about life through living 58 2/3 years as an autistic person.

In the old days, before the "new" WrongPlanet came out about 2015, people were able to customize their user names. Give themselves a "special title," after having 1,000 posts.

Nowadays, nobody has any "privileges" at all for having a certain post count.

By the way, the "white coat" is actually a white suit jacket which I wore on a cruise to Alaska in 2009. The picture was taken on that cruise. My mother actually hates that suit jacket LOL

I only have a Bachelor's----in speech pathology and English.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 16 Aug 2019, 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:20 pm

I've just been looking through a list of the 100 WP members with the highest post counts (ranging from 102,329 to 11,078), and can't honestly say I recognise a single one of them (of those that are still active) whom I'd characterize as an undisputed troll (as opposed to someone who maybe has some strong, unpopular or bizarre views).

Maybe the definition of 'high post count' is somewhat flexible here, or the definition of trollery. Bear in mind also that a number of threads in Off The Wall and occasionally in Random Discussion provide an outlet for members to engage in tongue-in-cheek, ironic mockery of other members...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:24 pm

I should have clarified.

There are people with high post counts who have rather strong political opinions. Sometimes, they get into discussions with people in places like the Philosophy, Politics, and Religion subforum. Sometimes, they can get rather vociferous to the point where it SEEMS like they are trolling.

They can really "ride" their "opponents" in arguments through sending funny cartoons which might upset a person of relatively high sensitivity. Some people see this sort of thing as being "trolling."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:40 pm

I can use some of that "psychiatrist" money, by the way :wink:

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2019, 2:42 am

I'm glad you get no special powers or privileges from having a lot of posts. If you did, it would create a sense of inequality and competition.
It will take me a long time to reach even 1000 posts, but it can happen in a week from now if only I really wanted to put in that much time and effort into it, but, I dont.
There is no rush, if it'd take me a year to reach 1000 I wouldnt mind too.
Actually I think posting only to increase your total posts makes the posts low quality, because you think about how many posts you have than how much you contributed to a discussion.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 3:15 am

I work two jobs, Sir.

I have a life.

I don’t put “time and effort” into augmenting my post count.

I think it took a year for me to get to 1,000 posts. I didn’t really keep track, though.

I don’t think people here think my posts are of “low quality.” I hope you are not implying that, or think that my posts are “low quality.”

I don’t care if you have 1 post, or you have over 100,000 posts.

I respond to people when I feel like responding to people.

I very rarely create my own threads.

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2019, 4:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I work two jobs, Sir.

I have a life.

I don’t put “time and effort” into augmenting my post count.

I think it took a year for me to get to 1,000 posts. I didn’t really keep track, though.

I don’t think people here think my posts are of “low quality.” I hope you are not implying that, or think that my posts are “low quality.”

I don’t care if you have 1 post, or you have over 100,000 posts.

I respond to people when I feel like responding to people.

I very rarely create my own threads.

Nah, chill out, I was speaking generally actually. I wasnt thinking about you when I said what I have said.
Most of your posts have good quality, to be honest.
I'm actually different than you, I like to create a lot of threads. And it seems like some people here like that, no one told me they have a problem with my threads yet.