Amount of Posts and Join Date of other forum members

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How much do you care about other members Join Date and amount of Posts that they have?
I care about this a lot. Having a lot of posts or an old join date means you are a very important person, and those who dont are less important, in my opinion. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
I care about this a lot, but, I think everyone's still equal regardless of amount of posts or a join date. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
I dont really care about it, but maybe those with higher amount of posts and older join date means they might have more experience, but thats not always the case. 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
I dont care at all. This was never something important to me. 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 24

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2019, 4:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I work two jobs, Sir.

I have a life.

I don’t put “time and effort” into augmenting my post count.

I think it took a year for me to get to 1,000 posts. I didn’t really keep track, though.

I don’t think people here think my posts are of “low quality.” I hope you are not implying that, or think that my posts are “low quality.”

I don’t care if you have 1 post, or you have over 100,000 posts.

I respond to people when I feel like responding to people.

I very rarely create my own threads.

Nah, chill out, I was speaking generally actually. I wasnt thinking about you when I said what I have said.
Most of your posts have good quality, to be honest.
I'm actually different than you, I like to create a lot of threads. And it seems like some people here like that, no one told me they have a problem with my threads yet.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 5:23 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope....no special title. No special privileges. No tricks up my sleeves. I've been on WP for 5 1/2 years. I don't get "special favors."

I agree with Vermontsavant. There are people with high post counts who are trolls, etc. I was just talking about why people might sometimes "respect" those who higher post counts. I didn't say that was necessarily right in all cases.

I'm just a regular autistic guy from NYC who is lucky to have a civil service job. And who has learned something about life through living 58 2/3 years as an autistic person.

In the old days, before the "new" WrongPlanet came out about 2015, people were able to customize their user names. Give themselves a "special title," after having 1,000 posts.

Nowadays, nobody has any "privileges" at all for having a certain post count.

By the way, the "white coat" is actually a white suit jacket which I wore on a cruise to Alaska in 2009. The picture was taken on that cruise. My mother actually hates that suit jacket LOL

I only have a Bachelor's----in speech pathology and English.
thanks for agreeing with me and your certainly not a troll with a lot of posts.your always a pleasure to read

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 6:12 am

vermontsavant wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope....no special title. No special privileges. No tricks up my sleeves. I've been on WP for 5 1/2 years. I don't get "special favors."

I agree with Vermontsavant. There are people with high post counts who are trolls, etc. I was just talking about why people might sometimes "respect" those who higher post counts. I didn't say that was necessarily right in all cases.

I'm just a regular autistic guy from NYC who is lucky to have a civil service job. And who has learned something about life through living 58 2/3 years as an autistic person.

In the old days, before the "new" WrongPlanet came out about 2015, people were able to customize their user names. Give themselves a "special title," after having 1,000 posts.

Nowadays, nobody has any "privileges" at all for having a certain post count.

By the way, the "white coat" is actually a white suit jacket which I wore on a cruise to Alaska in 2009. The picture was taken on that cruise. My mother actually hates that suit jacket LOL

I only have a Bachelor's----in speech pathology and English.
thanks for agreeing with me and your certainly not a troll with a lot of posts.your always a pleasure to read

Kortie has an amazing gift of expressing a lot in few words. I am astounded by his ability to throw new light into a thread. He is well respected here on WP.

I value the posts and posters who make me think. Noam, there is no need to worry about post count.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 7:12 am

Noam2353 wrote:
I've read your recent posts, I still haven't understand what the Bingo has to do with posts and join dates.
But, I'd like to ask you all a question, if you are okay with that.
Have you ever thought anyone on the forum, a specific member possibly, have received more respect or attention just because he had a very old join date, or, a very high amount of total posts?
If yes, can you tell me his/her username? I just am curious to find out, thats all.

Churches and the like social groups host Bingo games. Fifty folks sit in a room looking at number sheets. When the number called by the emcee matches whats on your sheet - then you shout "BINGO!". He inadvertently got several members into little guessing game about a particular WP member whose name he refused to name. When someone guess the right WP person's name- then Deephour shouted "Bingo". Its something that Americans say when someone else guesses correctly. I guess that its an American thing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 7:17 am

I personally don't look at someone's post count, nor their start date, and feel impressed by it.

But, being a long time member, and frequent poster myself, I am more aware of folks whom I cross paths with a lot on WP. And those tend to be people who are long time members, and or post a lot. The folks I am most aware of who they are, and what their opinions are, and what theyre about, tend to be the ones who happen to have high post counts.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2019, 10:40 am

"Actually I think posting only to increase your total posts makes the posts low quality, because you think about how many posts you have than how much you contributed to a discussion."

where do numerous polls fit into this?

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2019, 11:13 am

red_doghubb wrote:
"Actually I think posting only to increase your total posts makes the posts low quality, because you think about how many posts you have than how much you contributed to a discussion."

where do numerous polls fit into this?

Polls have nothing to do with total posts. Its an extra feature meant to perform a kind of a research within the community, about a certain subject and see who likes or prefers what more than other thing out of a few options.
I have nothing against anyone on the forums, if there are people who post just for increasing total posts, I dont care, they can do whatever they want.
I wont bring up names but there are people like that, and some of them are one of the people with large amount of posts above 50 thousand. But thats a matter of personal opinion and some people might disagree with me on who these people are. But bringing up names is not a good idea and I dont want any drama going on.
If you dont like the Polls, you dont have to vote on them or participate. Its an optional feature.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

01 Sep 2019, 10:17 pm

Hi, guys. I sometimes just post here outta sheer boredom now, but I sometimes will check on how life is. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

01 Sep 2019, 10:18 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
DeepHour wrote:
No!

:D

"Equestria to LA" ?

Uh, hi there. :D Hey, I sometimes will talk about certain things in life. I'm still kinda here. XD

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 8:16 am

equestriatola wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
DeepHour wrote:
No!

:D

"Equestria to LA" ?

Uh, hi there. :D Hey, I sometimes will talk about certain things in life. I'm still kinda here. XD

Hi! :D

Long time no see!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 8:58 pm

My fingers have forced me to type many times over the years. I've had a lot on my mind and I still do to an extent.