Pedigree pets the same as human race supremacy

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 6:36 am

madbutnotmad wrote:
Now, having a preference for pedigree pets isn't the same, as race supremacy. as you are not subjecting all pets that are not pedigree to psychological and or physical abuse which includes death.

So, i would just like to say that i think the comparison isn't fair.

Crufts, which is an annual dog pedigree competition here, would beg to differ. They were scorned a few years ago (and rightly so) because some of the breeders believed if a dog didn't look good enough, it should be put down. I think it was mostly because some of the dogs had ill health from inherited conditions though.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
I own a cavapoo - here's a pic of his twin (living somewhere?)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:33 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I own a cavapoo - here's a pic of his twin (living somewhere?)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Yes, very :heart: :!:

I want another dog, but my husband is against it. We lost two pets within 1 year of each other; a Minipin and a Siamese cat (rescue). They had been with us for a very long time (14 and 17 years ). My husband was heartbroken and I think he's afraid to get attached again. I am going to rescue a dog from the pound, if I'm ever able to talk him into getting another one again.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:04 pm

smudge wrote:
My sister owns a black Cavapoo. She's very motherly towards my niece and nephew, and takes a lot of crap from them. She'll never bite them, only growl.

Also, when you sit down, she will sit at the top of the sofa behind you, and puts her paw on your shoulder. It's as if she's looking after people.

We got our cavapoo for our daughter. Not surprisingly the parents end up being the ones who walk/play now he's no longer a pup. She occasionally takes him for a walk and gives him an odd pat.

As a breed they are incredibly caring...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:09 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
I want another dog, but my husband is against it. We lost two pets within 1 year of each other; a Minipin and a Siamese cat (rescue). They had been with us for a very long time (14 and 17 years ). My husband was heartbroken and I think he's afraid to get attached again. I am going to rescue a dog from the pound, if I'm ever able to talk him into getting another one again.

My parents went through that 20 yrs ago when their dog passed away (15 yrs old). It's a little bit like losing a child.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 7:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

My parents went through that 20 yrs ago when their dog passed away (15 yrs old). It's a little bit like losing a child.

I agree. It's very difficult.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 12:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
smudge wrote:
My sister owns a black Cavapoo. She's very motherly towards my niece and nephew, and takes a lot of crap from them. She'll never bite them, only growl.

Also, when you sit down, she will sit at the top of the sofa behind you, and puts her paw on your shoulder. It's as if she's looking after people.

We got our cavapoo for our daughter. Not surprisingly the parents end up being the ones who walk/play now he's no longer a pup. She occasionally takes him for a walk and gives him an odd pat.

As a breed they are incredibly caring...

I would cuddle my sister's Cavapoo everyday. :heart: I don't understand how your daughter can only give him the odd pat and occasional walk. I love my sister's Cavapoo. I agree, based on my sister's, the Cavapoo is very caring.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 5:28 am

Actually that's a good question. Now that doggie is 2 yrs old she seems to spend less time with him?

My daughter gets a little self-absorbed and plays videos games. Our cavapoos sits with her and once in a while will howl at her for attention and only then she pats him.

When the weather is good she is obliged to take him for an evening walk on weekends.

I occasionally test her by saying "do you still want to keep...name" and she would also be incredulous that we would dare consider that... :lol:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 5:57 am

Awwww! How can she play video games and not want to spend time with him?! Poor doggie!!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 6:22 am

I often think if we got doggie when she was younger (maybe early childhood) she would develop a stronger bond. Now that she's 14 she's going through a lot of changes so I put this down to her age.

It might also be her autism that she is not the "cuddly type" but she does love doggie, just she likes being in his vicinity rather than hugging/holding. Anyway that's how I reconcile her interaction.