Bradleigh's Creative Almanac Thread

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:08 pm

I hope that this is not hijacking this thread, but since this has been put in the game section, it is making me want to post something I created that is game related. Out of some spare time, I created my own calendar and astrology signs, which I thought could be used for D&D tabletop homebrew, and I had intention of using in some writings. If anyone is interested, maybe I will put up this sort of calendar and astrology I created.

In this calendar, which I call for Axeland, a week is generally 10 days, a tenday. Dawnday, Opeday, Metday, Pladay, Hafday, Brakday, Fresday, Exhasday, Closday, Duskday. Three tenday make a month, there being 12 months with generally 30 days, each grouped generally into their season. Bloomgard Chilgreen, Showorth, Heatrail, Spargold, Rayeast, Leafall, Bronzest, Mistouph, Lanfrost, Whiteward, Snowest. But an extra day added for the solstice of each season as Seasday (an 11th day), a special day for festivals, where fey/fairies of that season interact with the world. The fey/fairies have a duality of that season for both courts (Seelie and Unseelie), and make up the festival. The year starting in Spring it has a festival with duality of nurturing and sacrifice, like Easter. Summer has a festival with duality of hard work and fun, a fire festival of sorts. Autumn has a festival around duality of relief and fear, it being like Halloween. And the Winter Festival has a duality of giving and punishment, Christmas like. An Extra Seasday is in the very middle of the year (6th month), and generally used for clerical purposes of businesses and tax. This adding the year to a total of 365 days, but a leap day is added to the end of the first month as a Seasday, every fourth year.

With the calendar out of the way, the astrological zodiac that I created, there being 12 and I have them each start at the beginning of the third tenday of each month. I took general layout from the suits of cards, of which I have expanded into a whole card reading with playing cards, and although I took a look at the tarot and real zodiac/astrology, my main inspiration were the fantasy classes. Each are classed into four suits, as the king, queen and knave.

The first suit would be the spades, also known as the swords or the nobles. The king is Leod, the "Fighter", the Lord, a hero king who is always thinking of problems ahead, with those in the zodiac said to be good fore thinkers or leaders. The queen is Berosa, the "Barbarian", the Lady, a berserker queen who is ready for taking action and fighting for what is important, those under the zodiac are said to be emotional but protective of what they find important. The knave is Canus, the "Monk", the Knight, a disciplined adviser who acts as a balance to the two earlier, those under its sign are said to be good at considering moderation but also strong at following duties.

The second suit would be the hearts, also known as the cups or the holies. Their king is Farpad, the "Cleric", the Archpriest, a preacher of faith and belief in the face of doubt, those under it are said to be strong of said faith and reassuring others who may doubt themselves. The queen is Virgia, the "Druid", the Purity, the virgin who pushes the credence of virtue and do not sin, those under it are said to be empathetic and understanding of others and do good by them. The knave is Karima, the "Paladin", the Justice, the blind one of karma who wishes to right wrong and give punishment or rewards to those deserving, those born under it are said to have a strong sense of justice and can be a little black and white with thinking.

The third suit would be the diamonds, also known as the coins or the commons. Their king is Ezendor, the "Rogue", the Merchant, the broker who thinks in trade but also willing to take from those not in need and give to those who are, those born under it are said to not always play by the rules but good at getting connections or trades and even if sneaky they may do it for good reasons. Their queen is Duopel, the "Ranger", the Lovers, the twins who are all about close bonds and harmony, those born under it are said to be very good at forming close bonds and able to work with those who others may not be able to. And their knave is Jingdan, the "Bard", the Fool, the jester of chance who is a wildcard of entertainment and fun to share it with others, those born under it are said to share the somewhat chaotic nature and like to awe or make others laugh, even if they are not.

And the fourth suit are the clubs, also known as the wands or the mages. Their king is Mordeth, the "Wizard", the Death, the skeleton who despite morbid appearance represents change and those who look towards forward progress, those born under it are said to be smart and analytical, always looking to create real change. Their queen is Reflouth, the "Sorcerer", the Moon, the child of cycles who is always looking at reflections of the past and how they impact the now, those born under it are said to be good at seeing patterns and often supportive of others in their origins. And the Knave is Perfat, the "Warlock", the Devil, the chained man who perceives fate and the invisible chains that pull at all things, those born under it are said to be really good at seeing manipulative forces, either at being able to use them or be able to break them for the freedom of others.

I hope someone enjoys this, I was really happy with it and have wanted to utilize it in some way with tabletop roleplaying and fantasy writing. I was really happy with how I see a certain amount of symmetry, and incorporating different things together.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:44 pm

WAY off-topic, dude. Start your own thread.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:59 pm

Just that it might be relevant to a topic on Astrology (and Asperger's) in the games and video games section of the forums, since it was a part of how I think of such things when they appear in games, such as the signs in the Elder Scrolls. I always like a certain amount of symmetry and logic to the sort of thing.

For the topic at hand, my birthdate was fitting under Absin, the virgin. Indeed my zodiac is usually under Virgo, and I have always thought that it had some impact on my perception of myself, even in regards to my Asperger's. Even as a guy, I have felt a certain level of femininity that went in hand with my awkwardness, as well as being analytical and shy. Been rather curious about how I might have internalized the supposed traits, by pure chance, or there being something to the signs.

It was why when playing games like the Elder Scrolls (Oblivion), I often felt myself drawn in choosing the birth sign of "The Lady", comfortable in choosing the feminine one.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Aug 2019, 2:44 am

Hi, I decided it may be better for you, and get more responses too, if you have your own thread for this interesting concept of yours. Feel free to change the subject title/heading, or let me know what title you prefer.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/