Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Romansky123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Aug 2019, 11:20 am

I don't particularly have one but I was curious about other people.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 11:21 am

Anything by Chopin, The Police, or Saga.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 11:36 am

My Heart Will Go On, by Celine Dion. Most songs I can get used to, but I have never been able to stand this one.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 7:55 pm

Any kind of electronic music-the beeping gives me a headache.

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 8:01 pm

This song means everything to me.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 6:48 am

Please don't. I have trouble getting songs out of my head as it is.

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 2:30 am

Songs on ads/commercials. You hear them so often and end up having them stuck in your head. :x

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 3:51 am

Not very many. But that Eighties' hit by ( I think) Whitney Houston: "You give good love".

You cant hear the chorus line without replacing the word "love" with the word "head" in your mind making the song lethally irritating to listen too.

Another song I hate...not only hate, but cant fathom why everyone else doesn't also hate it...is "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh. That song about how "I trash hotel rooms, and have accountants pay for it all...lifes been good to me so far...". I am not a rock star. So I cant get away with trashing hotel rooms. So Mr. Walsh should know that I have no way of relating to the song. So why the hell is he singing it to me?

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm

IstominFan wrote:
Any kind of electronic music-the beeping gives me a headache.

Same, except for the headache part. I think for me it’s all the sudden volume changes and constant pulsing, which most rock music doesn’t have.

I also hate most pop and “alternative” (looking at you, Eilish!) music released after 2010. Not enough real instruments. And way too compressed.

#palestinianlivesmatter

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 4:20 pm

That would probably be "Somebody that I Used to Know," after hearing my roommate in college play it on repeat for an hour, when I didn't like it the first time I heard it.

And "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer." I find it annoying and really not funny.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 4:34 pm

O hate this song. Fix You by Coldplay. I hate Chris Martin's voice, I hate how Coldplay sound like music that is slowly dying, I hate how it'd meant be a love song, but it's a condescending dirge... Yes I know his wife's Dad died, but I still can't stand it.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 9:47 pm

Wow, that's a good question and not one I'm sure I can answer. I have a good memory and so I tend to shut off/shut out something that might get 'stuck.'

I guess it would be, "Stressed Out" by Twenty One Pilots. Yuck, now I'm going to be singing, 'my name is blurry face.'

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 1:07 am

hurtloam wrote:
O hate this song. Fix You by Coldplay. I hate Chris Martin's voice, I hate how Coldplay sound like music that is slowly dying, I hate how it'd meant be a love song, but it's a condescending dirge... Yes I know his wife's Dad died, but I still can't stand it.

Different strokes for different blokes I guess. Coldplay has long been one of my favorite bands and this is one of my favorites of theirs.

Continuing off my first post in this thread, the main reason I hate most popular and "alternative" music nowadays is the electronic drums. I find them grating and too loud. Especially that god-awful hi-hat sound in most of today's pop.

#palestinianlivesmatter

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 2:19 am

^ I love that Coldplay song too. My favourite of theirs is Clocks. It sounds amazing.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 7:33 pm

On my own by Farah Abraham. What was she thinking when she recorded that song, or was she even thinking at all?