Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,526
Location: Wales, UK.

19 Aug 2019, 5:31 pm

Well. I ask because I only get some vague distant feeling of pressure, as if one of my nostrils was bunged up.
I know I am stressed as my body goes into continual fringes of partial shutdown which usually leads into partial shutdowns. There is some sort of vague feeling somewhere but it is not easily identified as anything. Just some sort of vague pressure sensation that if I didn't get the partial shutdowns which are caused by stress or other factors (This has been stress) I would not know what it is.
So I ask is stress actually a feeling at all? Maybe it comes without an actual feeling? Maybe I am actually feeling is raised blood pressure? That's a point. We have a blood pressure monitor. Never thought to check it. Not done for about a year.
Does anyone actually feel a feeling of stress as a distinct feeling that is identifiable?
I know when I am really worked up the feeling in my head is like I have a blocked nose. Pressure. Other then that there is no actual feeling. Is this what you lot feel?

Anxiety... I know I feel nurvous. I know what nurvousness feels like. Get it and had it on and off all my life depending on the day to day situation. But anxiety? I am not sure. If it is nurvousness and the two are the same then yes. I get it often. And it does have a feeling. Yes. Quite a feeling in the stomache. Gives one the runs! Yes. I know that if it is the same?

But stress is like a secret weapon of an enemy... Undetectable until ones body objects! Am I right? Is this true?


_________________
Awaiting assessment.


Last edited by Mountain Goat on 19 Aug 2019, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 61,727
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm

Stress does manifest itself as a "feeling" to me.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,526
Location: Wales, UK.

19 Aug 2019, 5:36 pm

I'm glad you say that. It is not just me then.

So the doctor that said to me years ago "Do you feel stressed?" asked a silly question.


_________________
Awaiting assessment.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 61,727
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Aug 2019, 5:38 pm

I don't believe he asked a silly question.

Stress manifests itself in various ways. Many times, it manifests itself as what may be termed "frustrated anxiety." When the stress is severe, the physical symptoms are more severe, and you just can't calm yourself down.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,526
Location: Wales, UK.

19 Aug 2019, 5:42 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Is something I need to think about.

Feelings... Describing feelings. Having them or not having them... It is interesting. Maybe some have feelings that others don't. It is quite a subject to explore.


_________________
Awaiting assessment.


Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,526
Location: Wales, UK.

19 Aug 2019, 5:44 pm

Also, I am trying to mentally "Capture" anxiety. What it feels like? Is it the same as nurvousness?


_________________
Awaiting assessment.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 61,727
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Aug 2019, 5:48 pm

Anxiety is sort of a feeling of "dread."

You can often have physical symptoms with it----like a sour stomach, diarrhea. Maybe even muscle tightness. A headache is very possible with anxiety.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,526
Location: Wales, UK.

19 Aug 2019, 5:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Anxiety is sort of a feeling of "dread."

You can often have physical symptoms with it----like a sour stomach, diarrhea. Maybe even muscle tightness. A headache is very possible with anxiety.

Ooh. Thanks. I know what it feels like now! Yes. The dread feeling... Tight stomache with worry.. Yes. I know now... Thanks! :)
I need to remember this.


_________________
Awaiting assessment.


Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,526
Location: Wales, UK.

19 Aug 2019, 5:54 pm

And yes, I get anxiety often....

I never knew that feeling was anxiety. You're an expert!


_________________
Awaiting assessment.


BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,775

19 Aug 2019, 5:55 pm

Just an opinion, but that sounds a lot like (stressed-induced) anxiety to me.


_________________
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 61,727
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Aug 2019, 5:57 pm

I'm only an "expert" because I experience anxiety pretty often.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,526
Location: Wales, UK.

19 Aug 2019, 6:00 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Just an opinion, but that sounds a lot like (stressed-induced) anxiety to me.


Hang on.... One step at a time.... I've only just learnt what feelings anxiety feels like. :lol:


_________________
Awaiting assessment.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 61,727
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Aug 2019, 6:01 pm

You also feel like your heartbeat is racing. You can sometimes even "hear" your heartbeat.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,526
Location: Wales, UK.

19 Aug 2019, 6:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You also feel like your heartbeat is racing. You can sometimes even "hear" your heartbeat.


Heart beat? I feel like that when I get hot suddenly and sweat pours off my face... Happens when stressed and in a social enviroment I guess? I use the term stressed. Under pressure to perform... Stressed. Yes?


_________________
Awaiting assessment.


BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,775

19 Aug 2019, 6:06 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
Just an opinion, but that sounds a lot like (stressed-induced) anxiety to me.


Hang on.... One step at a time.... I've only just learnt what feelings anxiety feels like. :lol:


Let me give you an example: I hate doctors - whenever I go to the doctor my blood pressure is high and I suddenly develop arrhythmia/tachycardia. Normally, my BP is normal and my ticker is just sound. You get where I'm going?


_________________
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley